Author Topic: Texas A&M University Displays the Destructive Results of Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Programs  (Read 219 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas A&M University Displays the Destructive Results of Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Programs
Brad Slager
Brad Slager
Feb 22, 2023

One of the great ironies in contemporary college systems is how rampantly anti-intellectual they have become over the course of the last generation or so. Cerebral rigor, open-mindedness, and challenging information have long been underpinning aspects of university life. These days, those same elements are regarded as threats on too many campuses. More troubling is the inability of some schools to apply common sense while looking at the concrete results of a failed experiment.

This takes us to College Station, Texas. Texas A&M University has been leaning heavily into the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives that have been mushrooming across the country at universities and corporations. These social engineering programs are claimed to be set up to make the opportunity and acceptance of minorities more widespread, while critics have maintained these are more like opportunities to exact social revenge and pave the way for activism to gain more power. At TAMU, the critics are being proven correct.

Try to imagine that a social program designed to aid the people was shown to instead be exacerbating the problem being addressed, such as a food bank that was found to have created more malnourishment with recipients or if Alcoholics Anonymous led to more getting locked into alcoholism. There would be calls to suspend the program.

https://townhall.com/columnists/bradslager/2023/02/22/texas-a-and-m-university-displays-the-destructive-results-of-diversity-equality-and-inclusion-programs-n2619856
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson