Author Topic: Twin reports find US Navy struggling with fleet management  (Read 176 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Twin reports find US Navy struggling with fleet management
« on: February 23, 2023, 05:56:02 pm »
Features
February 21, 2023
Twin reports find US Navy struggling with fleet management

An official US body has found that sustainability challenges exist for much of the US Navy’s fleet, while submarine ambitions are at risk.

A pair of reports conducted by the US Government Accountability Office (GAO) have laid bare the challenges that the US Navy (USN) faces in its surface ship sustainability, as well as in the recapitalisation of the undersea arm of the country’s nuclear defence triad.

Published in late January this year, the reports into the USN found that from FY2011-2021, the ship classes reviewed faced “persistent and worsening challenges” including a decrease in the number of hours a ship is available for operations or training.

These challenges included an increase in the number of working ship parts removed and used elsewhere due to parts shortages; an increase in casualty reports—i.e., reports of events that impair a ship’s ability to do its job; and an increase in maintenance delays.

The GAO stated that it had made “dozens of recommendations” to address the issues, but the USN had “yet to fully implement them all”.

https://www.naval-technology.com/features/twin-reports-find-us-navy-struggling-with-fleet-management/
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 05:57:14 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Twin reports find US Navy struggling with fleet management
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 05:59:57 pm »
On the brighter side, trannie awareness, CRT, wokeness, and pronoun use knowledge are absolutely flourishing. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Twin reports find US Navy struggling with fleet management
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 06:10:41 pm »
The Navy always needs to be building newer ships to replace aging and retiring ships.  Every ship has an estimated service life.  The broken Congressional budget process is probably significantly contributing to a lack of sustained capital investment.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright