Author Topic: Are People Suffering Because We Don’t Want to Piss off the Feds?  (Read 133 times)

Offline Kamaji

Are People Suffering Because We Don’t Want to Piss off the Feds?

We can’t sit back and watch adults and children sicken and die—perhaps years down the road—all because we don’t want to make the EPA, pathetic Pete, and the Biden Administration look bad.

By John Conlin
February 22, 2023

Isn’t it amazing there was no large-scale effort to help the people of East Palestine, Ohio by immediately providing bottled water? How could this be? We provide transportation, food and water, clothing, healthcare, housing, cell phones, and cash for people in this country illegally, yet we can’t muster the wherewithal to provide our fellow citizens with clean water?

In past emergencies, large breweries have often been a quick source for this water. Why not now?

I’ve worked in the beer business for decades, and I know Anheuser-Busch (now Anheuser Busch InBev, ABI). I also know they have an incredible marketing and public relations operation. They have a large brewery in Ohio and can produce damn near unlimited canned water. They could probably ship it in other larger containers too.

Yet they have done nothing to date to help the folks in East Palestine. To tell you the truth, I was somewhat stunned they hadn’t yet come to the rescue—probably on a wagon pulled by Clydesdales.

They could get tens of millions in free advertising—both national and international—and score some serious brownie points with folks across the country. And of course, help out some people in serious need, too.

But it seems my concern was unfounded as ABI lived up to its reputation and contacted the state immediately with an offer to provide water. But the EPA has said the water is OK.

Sure, that’s why downstream Cincinnati is closing Ohio River water intakes.

And the word on the street is that ABI—and the state—are afraid to upset the Biden Administration and the EPA by sending the water anyway.

Think of that! A large company ready to donate life-saving bottled water—at no cost to anyone other than itself with a governor who was quite ready to accept it. Yet the company is afraid to act so as not to contradict the political overlords at the EPA and perhaps make the pathetic secretary of transportation, Pete Buttigieg, look even more incompetent than he already does.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2023/02/22/are-people-suffering-because-we-dont-want-to-piss-off-the-feds/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Are People Suffering Because We Don’t Want to Piss off the Feds?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 01:46:31 pm »
Spot on quote of the day:

Isn’t it amazing there was no large-scale effort to help the people of East Palestine, Ohio by immediately providing bottled water? How could this be? We provide transportation, food and water, clothing, healthcare, housing, cell phones, and cash for people in this country illegally, yet we can’t muster the wherewithal to provide our fellow citizens with clean water?

Offline LMAO

Re: Are People Suffering Because We Don’t Want to Piss off the Feds?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 01:52:54 pm »
These are white, working class American citizens

They do not count in the new America
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy