Author Topic: Anti-charter NY pols send kids to $60K private schools: ‘Pure hypocrisy’  (Read 160 times)

Offline Kamaji

Anti-charter NY pols send kids to $60K private schools: ‘Pure hypocrisy’

By Carl Campanile
February 23, 2023

Do as they say, not as they do.

Elitist Democrats who’ve waged war against charter schools in New York are opting to send their own kids to private institutions — a move critics have blasted as hypocritical, The Post has learned.

Politicians, including Sens. Robert Jackson and Jabari Brisport and upstate Assemblymen Phil Steck and John McDonald, or their children have benefited from alternative schools, even as they fight to prevent economically disadvantaged parents from doing the same.

Jackson (D-Manhattan) — who opposes Gov. Kathy Hochul’s plan to lift the charter school cap in the five boroughs — recently admitted he sends his daughter to the $56,250-a-year Dwight School on the Upper West Side.

“Our youngest daughter, based on the conversation I had with my wife, we sent her to a private school for high school, the Dwight School. I never hid that,” Jackson said at a Feb. 8 legislative hearing in Albany on Hochul’s budget plan.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/02/23/anti-charter-ny-politicians-send-kids-to-60k-private-schools/

Offline Kamaji

All NYC politicians should be required to send their kids to public schools.