Author Topic: Seattle reverses course on defunding police as crime ravages locals: 'A huge crisis'  (Read 410 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Seattle reverses course on defunding police as crime ravages locals: 'A huge crisis'
Story by Taylor Penley • Yesterday 9:15 AM

Seattle residents Victoria Beach, Eli Hoshor and Jonathan Choe said police shortages have left their city in dire straits in the aftermath of officials' anti-law enforcement rhetoric.

Homicides skyrocketed by 24% while motor vehicle thefts climbed by 30% in the city last year. Overall crime ticked up by 4%.

Mayor Bruce Harrell pushed for increased police presence to curb the issue Tuesday, saying, "We need immediate action and innovation to respond to our public safety issues… Seattle saw a 4% rise in reported crime last year… We need more officers to address our staffing crisis."

Still, some residents' outlook is less than optimistic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/seattle-reverses-course-on-defunding-police-as-crime-ravages-locals-a-huge-crisis/ar-AA17NIGd?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=92afec6143b844ea8e2ff9aced6bb875
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

:mauslaff:

Offline LMAO

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

:mauslaff:

Reality does seem to get in the way of Progressive’s ideology
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
May you get what you voted for.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I can't imagine how many well qualified applicants Seattle will have for police officer considering the cities history of crapping on the police and rewarding criminals...well actually I can imagine.

Offline LMAO

Ive said before that I envy the left

They aren’t burdened with any concepts like math, unintended consequences, economics, science

They just implement their policies and assume they’ll work as intended
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Ive said before that I envy the left

They aren’t burdened with any concepts like math, unintended consequences, economics, science

They just implement their policies and assume they’ll work as intended

:thumbsup: