Author Topic: Lori Lightfoot claims she 'misspoke' when telling voters who don't support her not to vote  (Read 574 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lori Lightfoot claims she 'misspoke' when telling voters who don't support her not to vote
Lightfoot said she did not mean to suggest voters should sit out the election
Landon MionBy Landon Mion | Fox News

Lori Lightfoot sparks criticism for touting Chicago as ‘safe’ city as crime rates rise
Fox News political analyst Gianno Caldwell asks Chicago residents if they feel safe in Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s city as the police force has declined by 19% since her term began.

Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot, D, told South Side voters they should not vote at all if they do not vote to re-elect her, but she now insists that she misspoke during the heat of the moment.

During a campaign event over the weekend in Grand Crossing, the mayor said anyone from the South Side voting for "somebody not named Lightfoot is a vote for Chuy Garcia or Paul Vallas," referring to her challengers.

U.S. Rep. Jesus "Chuy" Garcia and former Chicago Public Schools CEO Paul Vallas are the other frontrunners in the election for Chicago mayor.

"If you want them controlling your fate and your destiny, then stay home," Lightfoot continued. "Then don’t vote."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lori-lightfoot-claims-she-misspoke-when-telling-voters-who-dont-support-her-not-vote
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Vote early and often, she says. No, seriously. She said that.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org