Author Topic: We Need to Talk About the Right-Wing Attacks on 2024 Candidate Vivek Ramaswamy  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
you run, then.

I'm too old and worn out - pretty much deaf as well - but I'm definitely constitutionally qualified.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

I'm too old and worn out - pretty much deaf as well - but I'm definitely constitutionally qualified.
i, too, am constitutionally qualified. In fact, I’ve had quite a few constitutionals in the past month.  :tongue2:

Offline goatprairie

Mr. Ramawhatever might have zero chance of getting elected prez, but he had the guts to say that one of the first things he’d do as prez is attempt to abolish affirmative action aka discrimination.
How many prez candidates have said that?

Offline mountaineer

It's Ramaswamy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Since he was born within the physical jurisdiction of the U.S., and his parents weren't ambassadors (or attached to an embassy delegation), he is a natural born citizen.
Not only that, but under Bigun's definition, that would seemingly pretty much disqualify anyone who had any immigrant ancestry at any time at any point.

Because if the children of lawfully present immigrants don't count as NBC, then neither do their children, nor their grandchildren, and so on, and so forth. Essentially, it creates an increasingly small class of "pureblood" descendants, that every single one of their ancestors can be traced to someone present at the time of the Constitution (or, in rare cases such as the Marquis de Lafayette, declared a natural born citizen by edict) and was not a slave.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024