Author Topic: Skin-rotting drug ‘tranq’ infiltrates big cities: ‘Zombifying bodies’  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Kamaji

Skin-rotting drug ‘tranq’ infiltrates big cities: ‘Zombifying bodies’

By Brooke Kato
February 21, 2023

There’s a new drug in town — and it has deadly consequences.

Xylazine — otherwise known as “tranq,” “tranq dope” and “zombie drug” — is wreaking havoc in major cities across the country with its devastating effects: It can literally rot the user’s skin.

The substance, which seemed to first appear in Philadelphia before migrating west to San Francisco and Los Angeles, was used for cutting heroin, but, most recently, it has been discovered in fentanyl and other illicit drugs.

While approved by the Food and Drug Administration for veterinary use, xylazine, a non-opioid, is not safe for humans, and those who overdose on the drug do not respond to naloxone, or Narcan, the most common overdose reversal treatment.

Xylazine causes sedative-like symptoms, such as excessive sleepiness and respiratory depression, as well as raw wounds that can become severe and spread rapidly with repeated exposure. The crusty ulcerations, which can become dead skin called eschar, can result in amputation if left untreated.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/02/21/skin-rotting-drug-tranq-infiltrates-big-cities-zombifying-bodies/

Offline mountaineer

And here I thought that zombie apocalypse business was fiction.  :pop41:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Pics from the NY Post:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
And this drug is made where, let me guess, China?

Online LMAO

Pics from the NY Post:

We are finding all kinds of new ways to kill our nation
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once again, I look at this and think:
This is a problem that will "take care of itself" in time...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As long as they don't develop a taste for human flesh... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I agree. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Horrific footage shows devastation of Philadelphia’s ‘tranq’ epidemic
By Jacob Geanous   
May 27, 2023 7:17pm
Horrific footage shows the devastating toll the “tranq” drug epidemic has had on addicts in Philadelphia.

The Kensington neighborhood —  made infamous by its open-air drug market — is seen completely packed with the slumped-over and passed-out drug users in the video posted to TikTok by urbanvisuals2.0.

The harrowing clip comes as the “City of Brother Love” struggles with the rising use of the drug Xylazine, or “tranq,” which is a deadly sedative used to enhance the effects of heroin, cocaine, and fentanyl.  ...

Sarah Laurel, founder of harm reduction nonprofit Savage Sisters, said there has been increase use of xylazine over the last four years.

“And we are now left with individuals that have open gaping ulcers, infections, some necrotic tissue, and that leads to amputation,” Laurel told NPR.   ...

NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

Lovely.

Ultimately, the problem will be self-correcting.

Pity, though. What a waste.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

One does need to wonder about the business model of drug gangs who push drugs that have higher (fentanyl) and higher (xylazine) probabilities of killing off their customers.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Smokin Joe

One does need to wonder about the business model of drug gangs who push drugs that have higher (fentanyl) and higher (xylazine) probabilities of killing off their customers.
This administration not only facilitated the illicit drug trade with its border policies, it is bringing in plenty of fresh meat to sell the stuff to. At all levels, it's about the money, not a humanitarian effort.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Parasites kill their hosts, including human parasites called "dealers".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline The_Reader_David

Parasites kill their hosts, including human parasites called "dealers".

Poorly-adapted parasites kill their hosts.  Well-adapted parasites keep their hosts alive so they can live off of them long-term.

Your parasite analogy to dealers is apt, but so is my critique of their business model -- shifting to the biological analogy, a dealer (parasite) whose drugs are more addictive and more pleasurable to the user (host) but do not kill the user (host) is better adapted than one who kills his users (host).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Kamaji

Poorly-adapted parasites kill their hosts.  Well-adapted parasites keep their hosts alive so they can live off of them long-term.

Your parasite analogy to dealers is apt, but so is my critique of their business model -- shifting to the biological analogy, a dealer (parasite) whose drugs are more addictive and more pleasurable to the user (host) but do not kill the user (host) is better adapted than one who kills his users (host).

Very true.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I think their basic business model revolves around turnaround. Stronger drugs sell faster. Profits come first. Americans want their drugs. The dealers don't care  who or how many they kill. There are always more players getting into the game.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Drug dealers should face serious consequences.  With 340 million folks in the USA, I say dispatch them immediately at sunrise the next day upon being found guilty.

If there is any demographic group that is totally expendable, it is drug dealers. 

The death penalty in the USA means nothing because the average dirt bag that receives that outcome sits on death row for I am certain over 20 years on average.  Idiocy.