Author Topic: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World  (Read 15508 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2023, 02:47:18 am »
Why comment at all? He would have been better off if he said nothing vs what he posted

@LMAO

Because,like in the financial world,that is how politics are played. If you want something from someone,you temp them by hinting you  MIGHT help them out IF they help YOU out.

This is expecially true when dealing with people who are batshit crazy dictators who never hear the word "No" because  they expect everyone to agree with  them.

So you get them to go along with you,and then you eat their lunch.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2023, 02:49:39 am »
@corbe

You must be VERY proud of an accomplishment like that.

In the morning when I wake up, I'll feel slightly ashamed @sneakypete
   A finger of Bourbon in my coffee cup and I'll still not vote for Trump, another day.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2023, 02:51:19 am »
Uhhh,it's called "Politics",and that is how the game is played.

To hell with both politics and the game.  It would be so nice to see a candidate run on principle instead of allying himself to the GOPe and letting them fill all his cabinet and advisory positions.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2023, 02:54:25 am »
   The $64,000 question is will Roma (who he just endorsed and failed him last time) let him WIN this time? 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2023, 02:54:53 am »
@LMAO

Because,like in the financial world,that is how politics are played. If you want something from someone,you temp them by hinting you  MIGHT help them out IF they help YOU out.

So what is Trump offering Kim Jong-Un, and what is he expecting the Communist dictator to do to help Trump in return?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2023, 02:56:45 am »
   The $64,000 question is will Roma (who he just endorsed and failed him last time) let him WIN this time?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2023, 03:06:45 am »
@LMAO

This is expecially true when dealing with people who are batshit crazy dictators who never hear the word "No" because  they expect everyone to agree with  them.

So you get them to go along with you,and then you eat their lunch.

Reagan had no problem calling the then USSR the "evil empire" yet he was willing to talk with their leaders. Imagine if Reagan refused to put missiles in West Germany because he was afraid to provoke the USSR

Look, I get  you believe that he is the key to ending our downward slide and you feel the need to defend him regardless of what he does. But your posts are getting more and more ridiculous
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 07:18:22 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2023, 03:44:17 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Uhhh,it's called "Politics",and that is how the game is played. You sucker the other guy into thinking you are at a MINIMUM,friendly to him in order to get them to lean towards supporting what you want.

Maybe you would prefer him calling that psycho a asshat and threatening him if he didn't do his (Trump's) will?

I had no issue with Trump trying a change in tactics when he was President to try to get through to Kim.  It failed, but I don't begrudge the effort.

But it is an entirely different thing to lend credence to an enemy's public condemnations and criticisms of the U.S. when you aren't even in office.  If anyone is being manipulated/used here, it's Trump being used as an anti-American mouthpiece by Kim.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2023, 04:16:10 am »
Unless I misunderstood RIV, it sounds like he would have to resign his current job should he run

That's right @LMAO   And, DeSantis is hoping for a special session to repeal the law.

Offline corbe

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2023, 04:20:05 am »
   They'll pass it cause Floridians have a general distaste for Snowbirds as Texans do.

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2023, 04:39:38 am »
I had no issue with Trump trying a change in tactics when he was President to try to get through to Kim.  It failed, but I don't begrudge the effort.

2018--2019:

A summit in Singapore followed by a summit in Hanoi between Trump and Kim.

A sitting US president enters North Korea.

Kim releases US prisoners.

Kim stops shooting rockets.

The Koreas hold meetings and discuss peace and reunification.

2023:

Some 🤡 calls this "failure"

« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 04:45:48 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Widget Jr

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2023, 05:48:00 am »
As much as I like Trump, and know the reasons he has to be bitter, he has to learn the difference between friend and foe better and avoid making more worse enemies thant he already has. 

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2023, 09:34:41 am »
sneakypete...
Trump IS an ass.

So what? We NEED a president  that is an ass in order to reverse the way the US is going.

If you keep running the same "Party People",and they ARE all the same,you will just get the same results.

We need a President that doesn't give a squat about anything other than the survival of the United States as an independent nation,and how he gets written about in the history books.

4 years of Trump in order set the stage in place,and then 8 years of DeSantis for cleanup is what we need.

Totally agree, Trump is an *ss!

I disagree.  An *ss will get next to nothing done.  He got next to nothing done when he was POTUS first time.  He promised to end H1-b Visa Program DAY ONE.  Did he?  Hell no.  He met with the tech billionaire oligarchs, and INCREASED THE NUMBERS of H1-b Visa recipients.  This one aw-sh*t wiped out 1,000 that-a-boys.  Yes, it did!!!  And everything he got done was undone by a man dead from the neck up!

DeSantis is not the same.  I see him as perhaps the greatest leader this nation has seen in more years than I have been alive, and I will be 70 this year.

A "president that doesn't give a squat'   wrong again.  History, which repeats itself over and over again has proven a POTUS does far less during a 2nd term than what they did in the first term.  FACT!  Trump did not have the Republicans work with him, and he accomplished almost nothing.  He squandered his whole first year only to get punked by a two time rat named McCain, who went to his grave laughing at Trump.  The USA needs a true leader, something Trump never was.  A man to truly unify the elected folks in Congress to pass meaningful legislation and produce real, lasting results.  DeSantis can do that, where Trump never did that.

4 years of Trump would almost be as bad as four more years of Biden.  Trump will set no stage other than the most gridlocked government in half a century.  He would in essence result in the American people turning away from the Republican Party and voting for more Democommies.  NOT WHAT ANY CONSERVATIVE WOULD WANT!!!

I voted for Trump in 2016 because for the first time in decades, a politicians said things that meant something to me, improve my lot in life.  But the rhetoric by Trump turned out to be empty lies.  He did not build the wall, he did not end the H1-b Visa Program.  Everyone that believed his bullsh*t was disappointed.  They did vote for him again in 2020.  But the old saying applies.  Fool me once, sham on you, fool me twice, shame on me.  There are millions out there that will not be fooled again.

DeSantis runs a grass roots campaign welcoming all that want to work to get him elected, something Trump has refused to do in two campaigns, and DeSantis will edge out Trump.  It will be a battle, but DeSantis is smarter than Trump.  And Trumps childish name calling with a true leader like DeSantis will have people leaving him like the plague.  More of the same from Trump is old, ugly and ineffective.  If he is the nominee in 2024, Biden defeats him again.  For sure!!!!!

I will never vote for Trump again, and I voted for him twice.  And if he runs as a 3rd party candidate, he loses and the Democommie wins.  He does that and every person voting for him is every bit as stupid as the dims.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 09:36:28 am by jafo2010 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2023, 09:43:25 am »
So what is Trump offering Kim Jong-Un, and what is he expecting the Communist dictator to do to help Trump in return?

@Hoodat

He's not offering him anything.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2023, 09:47:13 am »
Reagan had no problem calling the then USSR the "evil empire" yet he was willing to talk with their leaders. Imagine if Reagan refused to put missiles in West Germany because he was afraid to provoke the USSR

Look, I get  you believe that he is the key to ending our downward slide and you feel the need to defend him regardless of what he does. But your posts are getting more and more ridiculous

@LMAO

And Reagan was President in an entirely different world than the one we live in today. American values still mattered,and the left was still trying to worm themselves into conditions of control. The most glaring example of this is back then  the media had to pretend they  were pro-American. So did the left.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2023, 09:50:33 am »

But it is an entirely different thing to lend credence to an enemy's public condemnations and criticisms of the U.S. when you aren't even in office.  If anyone is being manipulated/used here, it's Trump being used as an anti-American mouthpiece by Kim.

@Maj. Bill Martin

"But it is an entirely different thing to lend credence to an ememy's public condemnations and criticisms of the US when you aren't even in office."

So,we won't be hearing any more criticisms of the current government from you?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2023, 09:54:15 am »
@jafo2010

So,you are mad that Santa didn't bring you  all the toys  you wanted,little boy?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2023, 10:05:11 am »
Santa didn't bring my toys?

Sh*t, how ignorant a comment.  1.6 MILLION WHITE COLLAR AMERICANS got displaced from their high paid jobs so that largely 1.6 million Asian Indians could come and live the good life in the USA.  Toys!  I have seen dumb*ss comments on this site, but that takes the cake.

I am 100% for USA citizens over anyone in the USA.  Families were destroyed financially because of this denial of toys.  Lost their homes!  What has been done to destroy the American workforce, intentionally, both blue and white collar workers, is one of the worst betrayals to the American people in our history.  Toys...hmmm...you are just as big an *ss as Trump, who increased the H1-b Visa Program when he said he would end it, DAY F***ING ONE.

Toys...can't fix stupid as they say.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2023, 01:24:39 pm »

I actually despise the guy at this point.

I don’t.

I think he, and his loyalists, are bitter because of the treatment he got while president. And he/they are right. He had had two sham impeachments, an important story regarding his opponent’s son that could have had an impact on the election that was deliberately squashed by the media, an investigation based on a phony claim using a phony dossier, etc etc

So he feels he’s entitled to another round as President. But now, he’s facing someone who could be a threat to that and he’s resorting to irrational lashing out, posting sympathetic posts about a dictator who makes no apologies regarding his hatred for this country, and indulges in conspiracy theories. And, as you see here, some are determined to stick with him into the abyss
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2023, 01:25:38 pm »
@LMAO

And Reagan was President in an entirely different world than the one we live in today. American values still mattered,and the left was still trying to worm themselves into conditions of control. The most glaring example of this is back then  the media had to pretend they  were pro-American. So did the left.

I can guarantee that if you saw that post , and didn’t know who posted it, you would dismiss it as nothing more as the screed of a tri colored haired, nose and eyelid pierced, gender studies major
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 01:39:58 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2023, 02:05:19 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

"But it is an entirely different thing to lend credence to an ememy's public condemnations and criticisms of the US when you aren't even in office."

So,we won't be hearing any more criticisms of the current government from you?

Nothing wrong in general with criticizing your government. Plenty wrong with joining the Blame America First crowd, and siding publicly with hardcore communist dictators over your own country when you are running for office.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 02:06:25 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2023, 02:13:44 pm »
I don’t.

I think he, and his loyalists, are bitter because of the treatment he got while president. And he/they are right. He had had two sham impeachments, an important story regarding his opponent’s son that could have had an impact on the election that was deliberately squashed by the media, an investigation based on a phony claim using a phony dossier, etc etc

So he feels he’s entitled to another round as President. But now, he’s facing someone who could be a threat to that and he’s resorting to irrational lashing out, posting sympathetic posts about a dictator who makes no apologies regarding his hatred for this country, and indulges in conspiracy theories. And, as you see here, some are determined to stick with him into the abyss

Here's why I despise him. A patriot, someone who saw himself as a servant of the people rather than as their savior, would have framed the election of 2020 as the voters having been robbed.  But Trump consistently says "I" was robbed, as if he has some kind of individual entitlement to the presidency.

The distinction there is an important one, because if if it was the voters who were robbed, then the fix for that is for them to get their choice in 2024, which may or may not be Trump.  But when Trump personalizes the election of 2020, he really is arguing that all of us voters who were robbed in 2020 are morally obligated to vote for him again in 2024, because "he" was robbed.

I voted for him in 2020, but I don't owe him anything, especially my 2024 vote.  The idea that my vote should belong to him rather than to me because he is "owed" really pisses me off.

What he has accomplished in recent months is to convince me that there are no circumstances under which I'd vote for him in 2024.  And I was someone who was arguing to the contrary with family members as recently as October.

« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2023, 02:20:14 pm »

DeSantis is not the same.  I see him as perhaps the greatest leader this nation has seen in more years than I have been alive, and I will be 70 this year.

Sorry to hear about the cataracts.  There are lots of treatments to help improve your vision.  Good luck!

« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2023, 02:40:26 pm »
I think his loyalists are bitter because of the treatment he got while president.

The supporters of President Trump are not bitter; they are enthusiastic and grateful he will have the opportunity to finish what he started.  The majority also understand why so many are again dancing on the brink of insanity in their efforts to stop him.   

Perhaps it would be best if you paid less time scrutinizing and insulting others and try, instead, to move away from the brink.

@LMAO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2023, 02:47:11 pm »
Here's why I despise him. A patriot, someone who saw himself as a servant of the people rather than as their savior, would have framed the election of 2020 as the voters having been robbed.  But Trump consistently says "I" was robbed, as if he has some kind of individual entitlement to the presidency.

The distinction there is an important one, because if if it was the voters who were robbed, then the fix for that is for them to get their choice in 2024, which may or may not be Trump.  But when Trump personalizes the election of 2020, he really is arguing that all of us voters who were robbed in 2020 are morally obligated to vote for him again in 2024, because "he" was robbed.

I voted for him in 2020, but I don't owe him anything, especially my 2024 vote.  The idea that my vote should belong to him rather than to me because he is "owed" really pisses me off.

What he has accomplished in recent months is to convince me that there are no circumstances under which I'd vote for him in 2024.  And I was someone who was arguing to the contrary with family members as recently as October.

:thumbsup: