Author Topic: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World  (Read 15347 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2023, 11:54:22 pm »
@sneakypete Whatever your opinion of Cruz, going after DeSantis that way will only polarize the GOP further and cost him votes. Not only that, the opposition research for a DeSantis run will all be done and laid out for the Dems when/if the time comes.

At some point, some cooperation with worthy folks would be nice. If he wants to set up the spike (as in volleyball), there has to be someone to set it up to.

What needs fixing isn't going to be fixed in 4 years, even with a willing Congress. It will take twelve to root out that crap and stop the damage and set things on the right track, and three terms in the White House is about as good as the GOP has had it in recent history (and that's if you count 'daddy' Bush).

@Smokin Joe

All true. The "12 years to root out..." agrees with my  "4 years for Trump,and 8 years for DeSantis" dream.

And that is the MINIMUM amount of time America needs. NO President can do it in  two terms. We need someone (trump) to come in ,break things,set things on fire,and pretty much act like a Viking Berserker for one 4 year term,and then DeSantis or someone VERY much like him to take over the next 8 years.

The way I see this,this is what happens,or American is over and becomes nothing more than a cog in "World Wide Government,Inc".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2023, 11:57:10 pm »
@Smokin Joe

All true. The "12 years to root out..." agrees with my  "4 years for Trump,and 8 years for DeSantis" dream.

And that is the MINIMUM amount of time America needs. NO President can do it in  two terms. We need someone (trump) to come in ,break things,set things on fire,and pretty much act like a Viking Berserker for one 4 year term,and then DeSantis or someone VERY much like him to take over the next 8 years.

The way I see this,this is what happens,or American is over and becomes nothing more than a cog in "World Wide Government,Inc".
My either/or is more grim. If we keep open borders and spending ourselves into greater debt, I see the dollar being replaced as the reserve currency, and with the exception of the nuclear, naval, and other forces we have, sinking into second tier obscurity.
That would be considerably worse than what we currently face.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2023, 12:07:15 am »
My either/or is more grim. If we keep open borders and spending ourselves into greater debt, I see the dollar being replaced as the reserve currency, and with the exception of the nuclear, naval, and other forces we have, sinking into second tier obscurity.
That would be considerably worse than what we currently face.

Both Trump and Biden along with their supporters have shown they could care less about our debt. Both want to expand the size of the Federal Government. It's safe to say that debt and deficits will be  much higher by 2024, especially 2028.

We cannot afford these two
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2023, 12:10:14 am »
My wife shares that POV, and we keep getting hung up on the electiability issue.

And Trump becomes more and more unelectable with each passing day except for his most loyal of followers. This isn't the normal rough and tumble of politics. He lashes out irrationally and posts conspiracy theories
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2023, 12:11:37 am »
The legislature will probably change the statute before it adjourns in May.

Is that a good idea? I worry doing this could backfire for us down the road

Barry Goldwater

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2023, 12:14:29 am »
Both Trump and Biden along with their supporters have shown they could care less about our debt. Both want to expand the size of the Federal Government. It's safe to say that debt and deficits will be  much higher by 2024, especially 2028.

We cannot afford these two

@LMAO

You are so clueless,you lump in Trump with Biden.

Online LMAO

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2023, 12:16:15 am »
@LMAO

You are so clueless,you lump in Trump with Biden.

When it comes to our fiscal situation...it's well deserved
And the debt is our biggest issue facing this country. You can't defeat math

« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 12:17:32 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2023, 12:17:29 am »
When it comes to our fiscal situation...it's well deserved

@LMAO

Yeah,causen they be co-presidents,huh?

Online LMAO

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2023, 12:17:55 am »
@LMAO

Yeah,causen they be co-presidents,huh?

lol...

Speaking of clueless...

Barry Goldwater

Offline Idiot

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2023, 12:28:03 am »

My bold prediction

DeSantis chooses not to run in 2024, but in 2028. Donald Trump gets the 2024 nomination but loses the general election

There are too many factions of the GOP running for the 2024 nomination to defeat Biden in 2024.
Running a slew of different candidates just to make sure that Trump does not get the nomination does not bode well for the GOP‘s presidential prospects
I'm almost to the point that I will NOT vote for Trump even if he is gets the nomination.  I just won't vote.  Trump is self destructing.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2023, 12:47:44 am »
He's also praising North Korea's Li'l Kim.

Interpretations welcomed.

Trump puts his own political future ahead of everything else.  Literally.  So if he believes that siding with Kim and slamming our "provocative" military will help him score points against a political opponent, he'll do it in a heartbeat.

I actually despise the guy at this point.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 01:20:42 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2023, 12:58:25 am »
He's also praising North Korea's Li'l Kim.

Interpretations welcomed.

Hey! @mountaineer I'd like to interpret you comment ---- but first I'll need your definition of "praise".  Please provide.

Online corbe

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2023, 01:15:06 am »
   I want some of the $hit you're smoking if you think Trump can win the second time he runs against a brain dead person who runs his campaign out of his basement.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2023, 01:22:42 am »
   I want some of the $hit you're smoking if you think Trump can win the second time he runs against a brain dead person who runs his campaign out of his basement.

I personally do not believe Biden will end up running, or make it out of the primaries if he does.  At the very least, we cannot depend on him being the nominee.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2023, 01:27:03 am »
I personally do not believe Biden will end up running, or make it out of the primaries if he does.  At the very least, we cannot depend on him being the nominee.
After the last 2 years, nothing surprises me anymore.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2023, 02:19:58 am »
I'm almost to the point that I will NOT vote for Trump even if he is gets the nomination.  I just won't vote.  Trump is self destructing.

@mrpotatohead

Not to mention rude and orange.

We need more Presidents like Jorge W.Bush,who  are polite and know their  place,huh?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2023, 02:22:01 am »
Trump puts his own political future ahead of everything else.  Literally.  So if he believes that siding with Kim and slamming our "provocative" military will help him score points against a political opponent, he'll do it in a heartbeat.

I actually despise the guy at this point.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Did you actually read that paragraph?

What he is doing is COMPLAINING about the SK's getting a free ride while the US Taxpayer pays for their security.

HOW did you miss that?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2023, 02:24:01 am »

If Biden runs unopposed, then that frees up Democrat voters to cross over and vote for the most unelectable GOP candidate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2023, 02:26:13 am »
   There's a lot of Trumpers that will not vote GOP if Trump doesn't secure the nomination.  Further vilifying their BS at the Cruzers in 17.

Edited to add:   It's a big Cult and you ain't in it.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 02:30:20 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2023, 02:29:08 am »
   There's a lot of Trumpers that will not vote GOP if Trump doesn't secure the nomination.  Further vilifying their BS at the Cruzers in 17.

@corbe

Chances are I won't vote if Trump isn't the candidate. Why should I,when the rest of you asshats claim you won't vote if Trump is the nominee.

Turnabout is fair play,Bubbas!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2023, 02:35:10 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Did you actually read that paragraph?

What he is doing is COMPLAINING about the SK's getting a free ride while the US Taxpayer pays for their security.

HOW did you miss that?

Probably because I was focused on the part where Trump bragged about his "very good" relationship with the single most despotic ruler on the planet, sympathized with that despot being "not happy" and "feeling threatened", and validated that despot's propaganda by calling the exercises "very provocative."

All of which are far worse to me than having exercises with one of our few allies who actually spends more of their GNP on defense than we do.

Making us the bad guy and Kim the good guy is something I'd expect of those who hate the U.S..

I think the secret to understanding Trump is that he believes that he embodies the U.S..  So anyone who disagrees with him is his enemy, and therefore an enemy of the U.S., and anyone who agrees with him is his friend and therefore a friend of the U.S..
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 02:38:25 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online corbe

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2023, 02:35:32 am »
@corbe

Chances are I won't vote if Trump isn't the candidate. Why should I,when the rest of you asshats claim you won't vote if Trump is the nominee.

Turnabout is fair play,Bubbas!

$hit @sneakypete I haven't voted since 2012.  You kinda make me feel like a hypocrite bitching in here all the time, knowing I haven't paid for admission to your three tent circus.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2023, 02:41:55 am »
Probably because I was focused on the part where Trump bragged about his "very good" relationship with the single most despotic ruler on the planet, sympathized with that despot being "not happy" and "feeling threatened", and validated that despot's propaganda by calling the exercises "very provocative."

@Maj. Bill Martin

Uhhh,it's called "Politics",and that is how the game is played. You sucker the other guy into thinking you are at a MINIMUM,friendly to him in order to get them to lean towards supporting what you want.

Maybe you would prefer him calling that psycho a asshat and threatening him if he didn't do his (Trump's) will?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2023, 02:42:56 am »
   $hit @sneakypete I haven't voted since 2012.  You kinda make me feel like a hypocrite bitching in here all the time, knowing I haven't paid for admission to your three tent circus.

@corbe

You must be VERY proud of an accomplishment like that.

Online LMAO

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2023, 02:43:12 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Uhhh,it's called "Politics",and that is how the game is played. You sucker the other guy into thinking you are at a MINIMUM,friendly to him in order to get them to lean towards supporting what you want.

Maybe you would prefer him calling that psycho a asshat and threatening him if he didn't do his (Trump's) will?

Why comment at all? He would have been better off if he said nothing vs what he posted

Barry Goldwater