Author Topic: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World  (Read 15492 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2023, 07:52:11 pm »
George Soros did not endorse Ron DeSantis. Good grief.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2023, 08:11:31 pm »
Is there a law in Florida that prevents him from running for POTUS while governor?

Florida currently has a law requiring state officeholders to resign their positions if they run for federal office.  DeSantis is working with his super majority to repeal this law.

@LMAO

« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 08:22:02 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2023, 08:19:34 pm »
Check out Donald's account from around 9pm last evening.  He posted it there for everyone, right before he told us how well his NFT sales were going.

You mean this post:  https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/109905563734550049

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2023, 08:35:28 pm »
IMHO, attacking DeSantis was an unforced error from the git-go. DeSantis had indicated he was not interested in running, Trump could have just run and left it. Now, imho, Trump is coming off as an ass, DeSantis is considering a run, and for all practical purposes, 2024 is a sh*tshow before it starts.

Cui bono?  The Democrats.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2023, 08:36:00 pm »
IMHO, attacking DeSantis was an unforced error from the git-go. DeSantis had indicated he was not interested in running, Trump could have just run and left it. Now, imho, Trump is coming off as an ass, DeSantis is considering a run, and for all practical purposes, 2024 is a sh*tshow before it starts.

:thumbsup:

Offline berdie

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2023, 08:54:00 pm »

Exactly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2023, 08:56:17 pm »

Exactly!

I was checking the Trump-DeSantis polls at Real Clear, and was shocked how much variability there was in the size of Trump's lead.  Take your pick....   Anywhere from 5-20%.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2023, 08:58:25 pm »

@Smokin Joe

Trump IS an ass.

So what? We NEED a president  that is an ass in order to reverse the way the US is going.

If you keep running the same "Party People",and they ARE all the same,you will just get the same results.

We need a President that doesn't give a squat about anything other than the survival of the United States as an independent nation,and how he gets written about in the history books.

4 years of Trump in order set the stage in place,and then 8 years of DeSantis for cleanup is what we need.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2023, 09:05:08 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Trump IS an ass.

So what? We NEED a president  that is an ass in order to reverse the way the US is going.

If you keep running the same "Party People",and they ARE all the same,you will just get the same results.

We need a President that doesn't give a squat about anything other than the survival of the United States as an independent nation,and how he gets written about in the history books.

4 years of Trump in order set the stage in place,and then 8 years of DeSantis for cleanup is what we need.

My wife shares that POV, and we keep getting hung up on the electiability issue.

The cabal of MSM, Big Tech, and the big money that backs them will do everything and anything they can do to destroy DJT.

Outside something revolutionary, this is a solutionless problem.  There are too many powerful elements in the swamp who will make sure he doesn't make a return. Look at the last 2 years, he's gone, and they are still obsessed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2023, 09:20:27 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Trump IS an ass.

WHile I agree wholeheartedly, the one shooting that idea down in flames is Trump, himself.

If he would back TF off DeSantis, and not engage in the sort of character/image assassination he pulled on Cruz in 2016, then this could work, to the benefit of the Republic, but instead he is busy leveling broadsides at DeSantis who had indicated he DID NOT want to run.

Big guns are one thing, loose cannons are another.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2023, 09:34:18 pm »
I was checking the Trump-DeSantis polls at Real Clear, and was shocked how much variability there was in the size of Trump's lead.  Take your pick....   Anywhere from 5-20%.

Given that this way too early for most people to be paying attention and the fact that DeSantis hasn't declared yet, I think I'll wait to get real excited about either of them.

Offline berdie

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2023, 09:37:35 pm »
WHile I agree wholeheartedly, the one shooting that idea down in flames is Trump, himself.

If he would back TF off DeSantis, and not engage in the sort of character/image assassination he pulled on Cruz in 2016, then this could work, to the benefit of the Republic, but instead he is busy leveling broadsides at DeSantis who had indicated he DID NOT want to run.

Big guns are one thing, loose cannons are another.
[/b]

All Trump is doing right now is driving off possible support.

Online LMAO

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2023, 11:04:55 pm »
Well, it appears he won't be able to run in 2028 anyways so it looks like 4 more years of Biden.

Unless someone pops up until then ,that is
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 11:06:45 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2023, 11:05:48 pm »
Well, it appears he won't be able to run in 2026 anyways so it looks like 4 more years of Biden.

Unless someone pops up until then ,that is

Who's that?

Online LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2023, 11:14:41 pm »
DeSantis

So he's barred by Florida law from running for U.S. President while he's still governor of Florida?

Online LMAO

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2023, 11:31:59 pm »
So he's barred by Florida law from running for U.S. President while he's still governor of Florida?

Unless I misunderstood RIV, it sounds like he would have to resign his current job should he run

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2023, 11:32:12 pm »
My wife shares that POV, and we keep getting hung up on the electiability issue.

The cabal of MSM, Big Tech, and the big money that backs them will do everything and anything they can do to destroy DJT.

Outside something revolutionary, this is a solutionless problem.  There are too many powerful elements in the swamp who will make sure he doesn't make a return. Look at the last 2 years, he's gone, and they are still obsessed.

@catfish1957

That just highlights how afraid of him the "Party for Profit People" really are.

They just can't stand the thought of anyone  being elected President that doesn't owe them anything.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2023, 11:35:02 pm »
Unless I misunderstood RIV, it sounds like he would have to resign his current job should he run

Apparently, Fla. has a so-called "resign to run" law which requires state office holders to resign their current position if they decide to run for another.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2023, 11:38:40 pm »

The legislature will probably change the statute before it adjourns in May.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2023, 11:39:04 pm »

If he would back TF off DeSantis,

@Smokin Joe

I am in complete agreement on that one,even though I honestly  don't know what DeSantis said or did to set him off.

and not engage in the sort of character/image assassination he pulled on Cruz in 2016,   this could work, to the benefit of the Republic,  .....

And complete disagreement on that one. I think Cruz has finally shown his true colors,and any conservative that still supports him is either ignorant or a fool. Cruz plays the "I am a  conservative" game because that's what he has to do in order to get re-elected  in his district,but he is OWNED by the left due to his homosexuality and most likely other things even more damaging.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2023, 11:40:53 pm »
DeSantis

@LMAO

Why won't he be able to run if he wants to run?

BTW,I sincerely hope he doesn't unless it is as Trumps VP running mate.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2023, 11:45:00 pm »

@sneakypete Whatever your opinion of Cruz, going after DeSantis that way will only polarize the GOP further and cost him votes. Not only that, the opposition research for a DeSantis run will all be done and laid out for the Dems when/if the time comes.

At some point, some cooperation with worthy folks would be nice. If he wants to set up the spike (as in volleyball), there has to be someone to set it up to.

What needs fixing isn't going to be fixed in 4 years, even with a willing Congress. It will take twelve to root out that crap and stop the damage and set things on the right track, and three terms in the White House is about as good as the GOP has had it in recent history (and that's if you count 'daddy' Bush).

C S Lewis

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2023, 11:53:37 pm »
Make America Great Again?  If that is the goal, then we shouldn’t be attempting to mortally wound people like DeSantis politically. Surely we will needs the likes of him in 2028 and beyond.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck