Author Topic: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World  (Read 15505 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-praise-desantis-democratic-opponent-rankles-maga-world-1782860

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday criticized Republican Governor Ron DeSantis of Florida, but a compliment he paid to a Democrat in a message about DeSantis upset some of his supporters.

In two posts on his Truth Social platform, Trump railed about the coverage DeSantis recently received on Fox News during the former president's recent trip to New York City. One of the messages included an aside about Charlie Crist, who ran on the Democratic ticket against DeSantis in Florida's gubernatorial race last year.

"Florida was doing GREAT long before Ron DeSanctus got there. People are fleeing from New York to Florida (and other places) because of high TAXES and out of control CRIME, not because of Governor (thank you President Trump!) DeSanctimonious. Rick Scott did great, and even Charlie Crist had very good numbers. SUNSHINE AND OCEAN, very alluring!!!" Trump wrote.

To steal another poster's quote at TOS:

"He has become the pigeon playing chess in the park.....

Lands on the board, struts around, kicks over all the pieces, craps on the board then flies away very impressed with itself while leaving the game unwinnable for the players....."

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 01:19:08 pm »
https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-praise-desantis-democratic-opponent-rankles-maga-world-1782860

Lands on the board, struts around, kicks over all the pieces, craps on the board then flies away very impressed with itself while leaving the game unwinnable for the players....."

My bold prediction

DeSantis chooses not to run in 2024, but in 2028. Donald Trump gets the 2024 nomination but loses the general election

There are too many factions of the GOP running for the 2024 nomination to defeat Biden in 2024.
Running a slew of different candidates just to make sure that Trump does not get the nomination does not bode well for the GOP‘s presidential prospects
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 01:22:45 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 01:19:50 pm »
DeSantis is living rent free in Trump's head.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 01:27:19 pm »

My bold prediction

DeSantis chooses not to run in 2024, but in 2028. Donald Trump gets the 2024 nomination but loses the general election

There are too many factions of the GOP running for the 2024 nomination to defeat Biden in 2024.
Running a slew of different candidates just to make sure that Trump does not get the nomination does not bode well for the GOP‘s presidential prospects

:thumbsup:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 02:21:15 pm »
I'll give Trump credit, he will ride stupid all the way to the scene of the fatal crash.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 03:53:55 pm »
I think DeSantis is going to run.  There won't be a huge field like in 2016, and I think there will be a lot of pressure on candidate in third place or below to drop out quickly.

I think DeSantis would end up beating Trump, but a lot of Trump's supporters will sit home in the general election.  DeSantis might still wi, though.

I just see no path for Trump to win the general election.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 03:56:16 pm »
I think DeSantis is going to run.  There won't be a huge field like in 2016, and I think there will be a lot of pressure on candidate in third place or below to drop out quickly.

I think DeSantis would end up beating Trump, but a lot of Trump's supporters will sit home in the general election.  DeSantis might still wi, though.

Trump sucks the oxygen out of every room he’s in and I don’t think DeSantis wants to deal with that and get into a fight with Donald Trump. It might just be then Donald Trump gets the nomination for 2024 and we’ll have to put up with another four years of Joe Biden and hope our shot comes in 2028.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 04:07:07 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 04:10:57 pm »
I disagree

Trump sucks the oxygen out of every room he’s in and I don’t think DeSantis wants to deal with that and get into a fight with Donald Trump. It might just be then Donald Trump gets the nomination for 2024 and we’ll have to put up with another four years of Joe Biden and hope our shot comes in 2028.

You may well be right.

Thing is, that aspect of Trump's personality/character has been obvious to everyone for years, and that includes DeSantis.  So why even permit any speculation at all instead of disclaiming any intention to run?  He could take the issue completely off the table, and likely help whomever else might be running against Trump.  Just announce "I am not running for President in 2024."  He could and should have done that months ago if that actually is how he thought.

I dunno - in terms of personality, DeSantis does not seem like the kind of guy to shy away from a fight.  I think he'll run.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2023, 04:46:22 pm »
DeSantis needs to give the GOP a wide berth until they are serious about winning the election.  Donald's "Truth Social" posts are the rantings of a madman.  It's just one deranged, illiterate  spew after another.  Does it matter?  No.  Half of the party is drowning in a morass of anger and despair.  If DeSantis wins, Trump will claim the nomination was rigged, and these sad people will eat it up.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2023, 05:10:43 pm »

Running a slew of candidates works to Trump's advantage.  He won the 2016 nomination with maybe one-third of the vote.  If the GOP was smart (which they are not), they would do everything in their power to get behind one candidate and persuade all others to bow out.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2023, 05:11:26 pm »

Kudos to whomever said that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2023, 05:13:18 pm »
Kudos to whomever said that.

And I am guessing managment will be warming up the viking kitty zotters in 4...3...2...1....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2023, 05:16:08 pm »
DeSantis needs to give the GOP a wide berth until they are serious about winning the election. Donald's "Truth Social" posts are the rantings of a madman.  It's just one deranged, illiterate  spew after another.  Does it matter?  No.  Half of the party is drowning in a morass of anger and despair.  If DeSantis wins, Trump will claim the nomination was rigged, and these sad people will eat it up.

Does anyone know anyone who set up an account at his silly Social Network?

I get enough parodical comedy from Babylon Bee and South Park to suit my needs. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2023, 05:18:21 pm »

I agree, except for the fact that I am 80-90% sure that if DJT loses the nomination, his massive ego will take him onto a 3rd Party run.

Under that scenario, the dims win easily in '24.  And we'll have to thank DJT for that result.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2023, 05:20:04 pm »

My bold prediction

We seem to forget but his lovely wife had a terrible cancer health scare a year or 2 ago.  That could definitely impact his POTUS plans.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2023, 05:33:09 pm »
We seem to forget but his lovely wife had a terrible cancer health scare a year or 2 ago.  That could definitely impact his POTUS plans.

And DeSantis probably doesn’t want to have unflattering pictures of his wife put out there, courtesy of Donald Trump, for the entertainment of his supporters
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 07:24:06 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2023, 06:14:28 pm »
Trump's "loyalty" is a one-way dead end street.  Trump is out for Trump; he'll be a Republican until the GOP is no longer of any use to him.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023, 06:21:40 pm »
DeSantis needs to give the GOP a wide berth until they are serious about winning the election.  Donald's "Truth Social" posts are the rantings of a madman.  It's just one deranged, illiterate  spew after another.  Does it matter?  No.  Half of the party is drowning in a morass of anger and despair.  If DeSantis wins, Trump will claim the nomination was rigged, and these sad people will eat it up.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2023, 06:38:38 pm »

You're very close to stumbling onto the real battle taking place @cato potatoe   ---- Want some help?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2023, 06:56:21 pm »

I dunno - in terms of personality, DeSantis does not seem like the kind of guy to shy away from a fight.  I think he'll run.

First he needs his loser cushion in place ..... (Imagine if Florida's democrat governor wanted to change the law so he could run for president and keep his day job.)

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2023, 07:24:11 pm »
He's also praising North Korea's Li'l Kim.

Interpretations welcomed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2023, 07:30:30 pm »
You're very close to stumbling onto the real battle taking place @cato potatoe   ---- Want some help?

No thanks.  When I learned our governor was endorsed by George Soros, not gonna lie, it broke me. 

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2023, 07:34:44 pm »
No thanks.  When I learned our governor was endorsed by George Soros, not gonna lie, it broke me. 

??

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2023, 07:46:47 pm »
Is there a law in Florida that prevents him from running for POTUS while governor?

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2023, 07:50:16 pm »
??

Check out Donald's account from around 9pm last evening.  He posted it there for everyone, right before he told us how well his NFT sales were going.