Author Topic: Kyle Rittenhouse faces new lawsuit from man he shot in 2020 Kenosha violence  (Read 473 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WDJT by  Victor Jacobo 2/21/2023

Kyle Rittenhouse, the Illinois man who shot three people and killed two during violence in Kenosha in 2020, faces a new lawsuit.

Gaige Grosskreutz, one of the men shot by Rittenhouse, filed a lawsuit earlier this month in the U.S. District Court for the District of Eastern Wisconsin.

In the lawsuit obtained by CBS 58, Grosskreutz names Rittenhouse, former Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth and former Kenosha Police Chief Daniel Miskinis as defendants. Also listed as defendants are the city and county of Kenosha as well as other counties and municipalities who sent personnel to Kenosha during the violence which followed protests after Rusten Sheskey, a white Kenosha police officer, shot Jacob Blake, a Black man, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down.

Kyle Rittenhouse
@ThisIsKyleR

This lawsuit is an attempt to drown anyone who legally and justifiably defends there lives from attackers in a mountain of legal debt. We can not let them win. If they can come after me they will come after you.

More: https://www.cbs58.com/news/kyle-rittenhouse-faces-new-lawsuit-from-man-he-shot-in-2020-kenosha-violence

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Grosskreutz v. Grosskreutz? Survivor from 2020 Kenosha Shooting Sues Kyle Rittenhouse

Jonathan Turley 2/25/2023

Just when you thought that the Kyle Rittenhouse case was over . . . it is back. Gaige Grosskreutz who was shot in the arm by Kyle Rittenhouse during the Kenosha riots in 2020 is now suing him as well as Wisconsin police and officials. Grosskreutz effectively repeats his earlier rejected claims that he was merely trying to protect others and had his hands up when Rittenhouse shot him. The difference is that this civil lawsuit will be resolved under the lower standard of proof by a preponderance of the evidence (rather than beyond a reasonable doubt). Nevertheless, the case could prove messy for Grosskreutz whose criminal background and actions that night could undermine his claims. Indeed, the most damaging witness against Grosskreutz may prove to be himself.

The lawsuit names as defendants Rittenhouse, the city of Kenosha, Kenosha County, five other neighboring counties, police officers, former Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth and former Kenosha Police Chief Daniel Miskinis. Grosskreutz alleges assault, battery, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Rittenhouse was also added to Grosskreutz’s civil rights and Equal Protection claims against the city and local officials.

In the trial, Grosskreutz admitted that he pointed a firearm at Rittenhouse before the then-teenager shot Grosskreutz and two others. He testified that he carried a loaded gun that night and, during cross-examination, defense attorney Corey Chirafisi asked Grosskreutz, “It wasn’t until you pointed your gun at him, advanced on him … that he fired, right?” Grosskreutz responded, “Correct.”

Grosskreutz also admitted that he refused initially to answer questions from the police and refused to give police permission to look through his phone. He also did not tell police that he was armed that night or pointed a gun at Rittenhouse. As shown in the testimony below, Grosskreutz admits that Rittenhouse did not shoot while Grosskreutz had his hands up. He fired when Grosskreutz pointed his Glock at Rittenhouse.

More: https://jonathanturley.org/2023/02/25/rittenhouse-sued-by-surviver-from-2020-kenosha-shooting/

Offline mountaineer

Should be dismissed as frivolous and sanctions imposed against the attorney of record.

Next!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Should be dismissed as frivolous and sanctions imposed against the attorney of record.

Next!

Not only was he threatening Rittenhouse, but I’m sure that any condition of his parole or probation is he can’t riot in an American city or own a gun that he gets to point at people
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 04:47:33 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idiot

Next!
BUT this is America 2023.  Up is down and down is up...

Offline verga

Just show the videos of him pulling the gun and pointing it at Rittenhouse.
Kyle needs to countersue for emotional distress.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Next!
Should be dismissed with prejudice, which would mean the matter cannot be brought up again.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wonder what anti 2A zealot is funding  this one..   Soros? 

Little Antifa  mofos need to have this shit thrown back down their throats.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Always double tap.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....