Author Topic: Breaking: 24/7 Revival Comes to an End at University After 13 Days and 50K People Flock to Town  (Read 201 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Breaking: 24/7 Revival Comes to an End at University After 13 Days and 50K People Flock to Town
Jack Davis, The Western Journal   By Jack Davis, The Western Journal
Published February 21, 2023 at 11:15am

A revival that erupted on Feb. 8 at Asbury University and swamped the small Kentucky town where the college is located has come to an end.

Since the revival began after an evening chapel service, an estimated 50,000 people have flocked to Wilmore, Kentucky, which has a total population of 6,000.

“We had authorities that had to redirect traffic away from Wilmore. Our town’s institutions and our town’s infrastructure is just not in a place to absorb the influx of the blessed guests that we have had,” Asbury University President Kevin Brown said, according to ReligionNews.

The college is now trying to find locations off campus where prayer services can continue. Those locations had not been announced as of Tuesday.

“This is unprecedented for our university,” Asbury’s Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics and University Communications Mark Whitworth said.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/breaking-24-7-revival-comes-end-university-13-days-50k-people-flock-town
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Revival generally doesn't "end." It takes other forms.
The college is now trying to find locations off campus where prayer services can continue.
That the university is looking for other venues indicates it isn't ending - just relocating.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org