Author Topic: Driver’s Licenses for All bill heads to Minnesota Senate for a vote Tuesday  (Read 260 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Driver’s Licenses for All bill heads to Minnesota Senate for a vote Tuesday
If the bill passes the Senate Tuesday, it will go to Governor Tim Walz for final approval. Walz has said he would sign the bill, which would allow undocumented Minnesotans to apply for driver’s licenses.

By HIBAH ANSARI
FEBRUARY 21, 2023

Lauro, an undocumented father of three American-born children, drives to work as a hotel housekeeping supervisor. Credit: Jaida Grey Eagle | Sahan Journal

The stories that come from Minnesota’s diverse communities are priceless. Help us keep them free to read for everyone.

The Minnesota Senate is expected to vote Tuesday on the Driver’s Licenses for All bill that would allow undocumented immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses.

Members will convene on the Senate floor at 11 a.m., and are expected to first discuss a voter rights bill for convicted felons before discussing Driver’s Licenses For All at approximately 5 p.m. The Minnesota House voted 69-60 to pass the driver’s license bill on January 30 after a five-hour session.

Driver’s Licenses For All has been discussed at the state Legislature for years, but found a new surge of energy in 2023 with newly elected and re-elected DFL politicians controlling the House, Senate, and governor’s office.

https://sahanjournal.com/democracy-politics/drivers-license-for-all-minnesota-senate-legislature-undocumented-immigrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Minnesota?
Done deal.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just keep in mind they will not just drive in Minnesota, and they'll have valid gubmint IDs, now...One of those and a utility bill and they'll be voting.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis