Author Topic: Biden says he wanted to add a 'ski' to the end of his name because he grew up surrounded by Polish i  (Read 858 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bidenski?  :silly:

Biden says he wanted to add a 'ski' to the end of his name because he grew up surrounded by Polish immigrants in meeting with President Duda in Warsaw

President told Polish counterpart that he wanted to be called 'Bidenski' as a kid
    During his bilateral meeting with Duda in Warsaw he mentioned that he grew up surrounded by Polish-Americans in Delaware
    On Tuesday, Biden kicked off the pre-planned part of his European trip, after sneaking into Kyiv, Ukraine on Monday for a surprise visit 

By Nikki Schwab, Senior U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.Com In Warsaw, Poland

Published: 10:08 EST, 21 February 2023 | Updated: 11:28 EST, 21 February 2023

President Joe Biden told Polish President Andrzej Duda that he wanted to add a 'ski' to his last name as a kid, because he grew up surrounded by so many Polish immigrants.

Biden talked about his Delaware upbringing during a bilateral meeting Tuesday with Duda at the Presidential Palace in Warsaw, as he kicked off the pre-planned portion of his Poland trip, which is to mark the one-year anniversary of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

On Monday, Biden turned up in Kyiv to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, after taking a secret flight to a Polish border town and then a 10-hour train ride into Ukraine's capital city.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11776101/Biden-jokes-Polish-president-wants-add-ski-name.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
There’s no fool like an old fool.
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I just knew he would go full Polack when visiting Poland.   He just can't help it. 

In my best Archie Buncker voice.  Joe you are a Meathead. A Meathead. Dead from the neck up. Meat - Head.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Adds One More Line to His Ever-Changing Background Story in Poland
By Nick Arama | 12:15 PM on February 21, 2023

Joe Biden is a magical human being. At least if you listen to his stories about himself.

Somehow he is all things to all people, depending upon who he is talking to at the time. If it’s truck drivers, he lies about when he drove an 18-wheeler. If his audience is black, he tells how involved he was in civil rights as a youngster, when he has debunked that himself. He tells them that he went to the black church (after attending Catholic mass). He’s been to Shul more than some Jews, according to Joe Biden. He’s even truly Puerto Rican because of one of the neighborhoods he lived in.

So when Biden goes overseas to represent the United States, you have to hold your breath, in concern, about what he might say. While he was in Ukraine meeting with Volodymyr Zelensky, Biden babbled that he “built a coalition of nations from the Atlantic to the Pacific. NATO. To the, in the Atlantic. Japan in the Pacific.” Then he weirdly grabbed a Ukrainian official’s bicep and complimented him on it, giving in to that obsession he seems to have with men’s biceps.

They also appear to have staged the air raid sirens that were blaring there during his photo op walk in Kyiv since reports indicated there were no explosions, no Russian missiles or strikes being reported at the time, and hadn’t been for five days according to a CNN reporter.

Now, Biden is in Poland, meeting with officials there to talk about Russia and the war in Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1628039008969269248

“As a young man, I was born in a coal town of Scranton, Pennsylvania,” Biden said he told the Polish president. Being born as a young man is a neat trick — more signs of his magical nature. “Then, when coal died, we moved down to Delaware, to a town called Claymont, Delaware, which was a working-class town, but everyone in town was either Polish or Italian. I grew up feeling self-conscious my name didn’t end in an S-K-I or O,” Biden said. “All kidding aside.”

Was that before or after he was black, a Puerto Rican civil rights icon, and pulled out the chain for the fight against Corn Pop? A made-up story to pander for all occasions.

Democrats like to whine about Rep. George Santos (R-NY). Yeah, that’s bad, but he’s an inconsequential new guy who is never going to be given any real power, this is the alleged leader of the free world, and you can never trust anything he says as being based in reality. And he’s saying things that can impact all of us on the world stage. What must the Polish leaders think when he goes off like this? The faces of the Ukrainian officials, when he grabbed the guy’s bicep, were something else — they were trying hard to look away.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/02/21/biden-adds-one-more-line-to-his-ever-changing-background-story-in-poland-n706532
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Well I mean he liberated Poland in WWII, he should be able to call himself whatever he wants!

The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

Chronicallyandhabituallyincapableoftellingthetruthski.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GrouchoTex

He has already without trying, but most people spell it Butt-in-ski.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

Good, that means he can understand Polish.

Hey Joe..."Pierdol się!"

Online Polly Ticks

Cultural appropriationski!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mountaineer

More intelligent than Joe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

I'm sure he has no idea that his comments might be offendifinski.

I'm just relieved  he didn't tell a string of Polish jokes.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Getting harder to discern reality and parody more by the day.

I don't know the level of sensitivity of the Poles, but his unintended joke might insult a few.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
As a man descended from the Blashaks and Smerczaks... -ski is not a particularly nor uniquely Polish suffix. -ak and -yk, however, are. (The Czech equivalents are -ik and -ek.)

-ski is about as common throughout Slavic Eurasia as -vych (or -wicz in Polish; -vic in Slovenia and much of the Balkans). Then there is -ow (the Polish equivalent of the Russian -ev and -ov).

That said, the likelihood that a guy on a career path to politics would have so desired to associate himself with a Communist country at the height of the Cold War... well... probably not.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden boasts about growing up in Polish hood during Poland visit: ‘Leave President Bidenowski alone’
February 22, 2023 | Tom Tillison

In some ways, President Joe Biden is the perfect politician given his propensity to appropriate the heritage of whatever demographic he may be speaking to or that may fit a given political narrative at the time. Not a joke.

On Tuesday, after a surprise visit to Ukraine, a befuddled President Biden met with Polish President Andrzej Duda in Warsaw and boasted about growing up in a Polish community.

“I was, as a young man, I was born in a coal town of Scranton, Pennsylvania, northeastern Pennsylvania, in an Irish-Catholic neighborhood,” Biden said. “Then when coal died, we moved down to Delaware, to a town called Claymont, Delaware, which was a working-class town, but everybody in town was either Polish or Italian. I grew up feeling self-conscious my name didn’t end in an S-K-I or an O.”

“But all kidding aside, the connection between — I was telling the president, the pride, the overwhelming, demonstrable pride that Polish Americans feel about Poland and the role you are playing now, we were talking about it, it is extreme,” he continued. “It is. You would be — if you haven’t seen it, you should come and see it.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/02/22/biden-boasts-about-growing-up-in-polish-hood-during-poland-visit-leave-president-bidenowski-alone-1334779/
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

As a man descended from the Blashaks and Smerczaks... -ski is not a particularly nor uniquely Polish suffix. -ak and -yk, however, are. (The Czech equivalents are -ik and -ek.)

-ski is about as common throughout Slavic Eurasia as -vych (or -wicz in Polish; -vic in Slovenia and much of the Balkans). Then there is -ow (the Polish equivalent of the Russian -ev and -ov).

That said, the likelihood that a guy on a career path to politics would have so desired to associate himself with a Communist country at the height of the Cold War... well... probably not.

Good points, all!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
What Biden does accomplish is prove resoundingly over and over again that he is a pathological liar.  He is simply incapable of telling the truth, knowing the truth, and his ski comment was an absolute insult.  You did not see one single person sitting there and giggle.  Not one!  He is an *ss on his best day, and just a slow dementia patient prospect on all other days.

To think we will have to live through six more years of this near perfect stooge is an unbearable thought.  Will there be a world remaining?  I am beginning to doubt it!