Author Topic: Business hit hard as NYC hotel houses more migrants, less tourists: 'Ghost town'  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
FOX NEWS FLASH Published February 20, 2023 3:30pm EST
Business hit hard as NYC hotel houses more migrants, less tourists: 'Ghost town'
Wattle Cafe owner reacts as more than 45,000 migrants stay in hotel rooms
By Elizabeth Heckman | Fox News

NYC business owner overwhelmed with migrant crisis
Wattle Cafe owner Ana Ivkosic shares how sales have dropped since migrants were housed down the street.

A New York City business owner said Monday that ever since migrants were placed at a hotel near her cafe, this has resulted in fewer customers.

Wattle Cafe owner Ana Ivkosic joined "Fox & Friends" to discuss how the migrant crisis has affected her business and how the lack of tourists has made the neighborhood feel like a "ghost town."

Ivkosic said small business owners like herself felt "blindsided" by the decision to place migrants at the "world's largest" Holiday Inn, located by her Manhattan cafe. She said her business relies on tourists for steady traffic, but now the hotel has become the "world's tallest migrant facility."

"All of a sudden, a lot of the revenue that we were relying upon from the tourists has essentially disappeared," said Ivkosic, adding that business owners did not know this would happen.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/businesses-hit-hard-nyc-hotels-house-migrants-tourists-ghost-town
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What's the problem?  Nazi Pelosi claimed the economy grew stronger the more people were unemployed. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson