Author Topic: GOP looks to rein in Biden’s inflationary executive orders in vote next week  (Read 263 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 21, 2023 7:00am EST
GOP looks to rein in Biden’s inflationary executive orders in vote next week
Republicans cite Biden's Keystone XL pipeline decision as one that fueled price increases

By Peter Kasperowicz | Fox News

House Republicans will vote on legislation next week that would require the White House to analyze how major executive orders will affect prices across the U.S. economy before issuing those orders – an attempt to curb what the GOP says is President Biden’s habit of imposing costly rules that are fueling "devastating inflation."

The bill, "Reduce Exacerbated Inflation Negatively Impacting the Nation Act," or REIN IN Act, is sponsored by some of the top Republican leaders and committee chairmen in the 118th Congress. They include House GOP Conference Chair Elise Stefanik of New York, Ways and Means Committee Chairman Jason Smith of Missouri, Financial Services Committee Chairman Patrick McHenry of North Carolina, and Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer of Kentucky.

Those lawmakers say Biden’s orders are fueling inflation in the U.S., including the one he issued on the first day in office that revoked the Keystone XL pipeline permit that former President Donald Trump had granted. That decision was estimated to cost thousands of jobs and several billions dollars in lost economic growth, and put inflationary pressures on energy prices.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-looks-rein-bidens-inflationary-executive-orders-vote-next-week
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This took 7 weeks?

**nononono*

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Every Executive Order should be challenged in court to determine of the Executive has explicit Constitutional authority or regulatory authority to impose and enforce dictates that may have negative consequences upon national security and the economy.

An Executive Order is literally a President pulling a dictate out his ass to bypass Congress.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline bilo

Every Executive Order should be challenged in court to determine of the Executive has explicit Constitutional authority or regulatory authority to impose and enforce dictates that may have negative consequences upon national security and the economy.

An Executive Order is literally a President pulling a dictate out his ass to bypass Congress.

:amen:
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"House Republicans will vote on legislation next week...
The bill..."

You mean, a "bill" that has to pass the Senate, and then receive a presidential signature?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm sorry,but at this point I am so cynical I am going to have to see it to believe it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!