Author Topic: Canadian Start-Up Wants To Alter The Ocean’s Chemistry With Antacids  (Read 158 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ANTHONY WATTS ON FEB 20, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Canadian Start-Up Wants To Alter The Ocean’s Chemistry With Antacids

oceanOn February 11th, NBC News published a story by writers Kenzi Abou-Sabe, Yasmine Salam, and Cynthia McFadden titled “Can giving the ocean an antacid help curb climate change?”, describing ways to artificially induce the world’s oceans to capture and store more carbon dioxide.

Whether artificially altering the ocean’s chemistry is a worthwhile or valuable goal to fight climate change is unclear; what is fairly clear, it is impractical due to scale, and could possibly produce unintended negative consequences. [emphasis, links added]

The NBC News story is perhaps best summed up in the first few paragraphs of the story:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/canadian-start-up-wants-to-alter-the-oceans-chemistry-with-antacids/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson