Yes, it's an idea that should be pursued
6 (19.4%)
No, it will wreck OUR Republic
2 (6.5%)
It's a bit more Complicated than that
23 (74.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: March 07, 2023, 09:52:33 pm

Author Topic: Is a Divorce a plausible remedy?  (Read 6065 times)

Offline corbe

Is a Divorce a plausible remedy?
« on: February 20, 2023, 09:52:33 pm »
MTG calls for 'national divorce' between red and blue states'

by Barnini Chakraborty, Senior Investigations Reporter
February 20, 2023 01:36 PM

It's Presidents Day, and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene's (R-GA) got a plan.

Instead of celebrating the birthdays of America's Founding Fathers, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, the Georgia GOP firebrand is calling for a "national divorce," tweeting that red and blue states need to separate and go their own ways. She is also advocating shrinking the federal government.

"We need a national divorce," Greene tweeted. "From the sick and disgusting woke culture issues shoved down our throats to the Democrats' traitorous America Last politics, we are done."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/georgia-mtg-biden-divorce-ukraine
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Is a Divorce a plausible remedy?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 10:00:54 pm »
I have no idea how to answer this.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 10:06:36 pm »
I would hate for this country to split apart. But it comes down to "them or us" it needs to be us.

Side note: If it were to come to that...what state would like to buy Austin and move it? Going once, going twice for this pretty piece of property.  The winner just needs to bring a u-haul within ten days of the auction. :laugh:

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 10:17:22 pm »
   It's obvious to me that MTG is the front runner in the Trump VP contest.

I just don't what happened to her that happened to Carly Fiorina.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 01:58:43 am »
I have no idea how to answer this.....

Either I'm too stoned to be making polls or that three syllable word 'Plausible' tripped up you Deep Thinker Briefers.
   I'd bet on the former in this scenario.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 02:00:15 am by corbe »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023, 03:15:25 am »
   Either I'm too stoned to be making polls or that three syllable word 'Plausible' tripped up you Deep Thinker Briefers.
   I'd bet on the former in this scenario.

I guess I just don't want to even think about it...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2023, 03:21:39 am »
I question the viability of letting the leftists take some of the prime locations for trade, industry, and resources that they have turned into totalitarian hellholes and continue to tie them up.

Is there some place we can just ship them back to?

Failing that, give them one state of their choice, and put up the wall.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 03:25:20 am »
The country can't be divided up by state without upending entire populations based on their ideologies.  "Blue" states like Pennsylvania and New York have large numbers of rural Conservatives but are dominated by the liberal cities, while "Red" states like Texas and Florida have large liberal enclaves, all of which would be stuck behind "enemy lines" under such a division.

MTG needs to shut up about such talk.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 03:36:12 am »
The country can't be divided up by state without upending entire populations based on their ideologies.  "Blue" states like Pennsylvania and New York have large numbers of rural Conservatives but are dominated by the liberal cities, while "Red" states like Texas and Florida have large liberal enclaves, all of which would be stuck behind "enemy lines" under such a division.

MTG needs to shut up about such talk.
No harm in provoking thought.

You are right. The boundaries are drawn along lines of population density, for the most part (excepting those "elites" who can afford more room).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 01:21:18 pm »
No harm in provoking thought.

You are right. The boundaries are drawn along lines of population density, for the most part (excepting those "elites" who can afford more room).

In reality, here is what such a divorce would look like...

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2023, 02:34:16 pm »
We already tried that twice ... The Articles of Confederation and the US Civil War ... GOP just loves repeating history's failures.

Loosing is a bad habit that feeds upon itself.  GOP needs to go to rehab for loosing.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2023, 02:51:13 pm »

Ugh.  I'm definitely going to have to move closer to @txradioguy if that's the way it works out.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2023, 02:57:49 pm »
Data to consider:

States Most Dependent on the Federal Government – 2022 Edition
https://smartasset.com/data-studies/states-most-dependent-on-the-federal-government-2022

Return on Statehood: How Much Value Every State Gets from the Federal Government
https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/

Most & Least Federally Dependent States
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700

Most Federally Dependent States – A Complete Rundown
https://balancingeverything.com/most-federally-dependent-states/

Which States Pay The Most Federal Taxes?
https://www.moneyrates.com/research-center/federal-income-taxes-by-state.htm

https://www.yahoo.com/now/states-most-dependent-federal-government-110024610.html

Where States Get Their Money - FY 2020
https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/data-visualizations/2022/where-states-get-their-money-fy-2020

« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 02:59:39 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2023, 03:22:23 pm »
Data to consider:

https://smartasset.com/data-studies/states-most-dependent-on-the-federal-government-2022

Return on Statehood: How Much Value Every State Gets from the Federal Government
https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/

Most & Least Federally Dependent States
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700

Most Federally Dependent States – A Complete Rundown
https://balancingeverything.com/most-federally-dependent-states/

Which States Pay The Most Federal Taxes?
https://www.moneyrates.com/research-center/federal-income-taxes-by-state.htm

https://www.yahoo.com/now/states-most-dependent-federal-government-110024610.html

Where States Get Their Money - FY 2020
https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/data-visualizations/2022/where-states-get-their-money-fy-2020

Very interesting data. It goes to show that we are all corrupted by the leviathan to such an extent that it cannot be cast off.  It is what the leviathan counts on.

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2023, 05:01:30 pm »
We Don’t Need A ‘National Divorce,’ We Need More Federalism

BY: DAVID HARSANYI
FEBRUARY 21, 2023

Caning of Charles Sumner
IMAGE CREDIT
WIKIPEDIA/JOHN L. MAGEE

Get real.

Marjorie Taylor Greene says the country needs a national divorce. “We need to separate by red states and blue states and shrink the federal government,” she tweeted. “Everyone I talk to says this. From the sick and disgusting woke culture issues shoved down our throats to the Democrat’s traitorous America Last policies, we are done.”

Generally speaking, I’m sympathetic to the idea that the political left is congenitally unable to accept a truly diverse nation. Virtually every legislative policy proposal from modern Democrats — and every policy issued by edict — strengthens federal power and economic control over states. Modern Democrats are champions of direct democracy, in an effort to undercut the choices of local communities and individuals. When they don’t get their way, the permanent D.C. bureaucracy steps in to circumvent the will of states. And when courts stop them, Democrats delegitimize and work to weaken the judiciary. This week, Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., argued states should simply disregard the Supreme Court when they don’t agree with a decision. Ignoring the division of power is far more likely to cause a national schism than any Greene tweet.

None of that means a “national divorce” — really succession, since other states are unlikely to concede to a split — isn’t a reckless thing for someone who took a vow to defend the Constitution to advocate. Even if we took a moment to seriously contemplate the idea, how would it be achieved? We aren’t separated ideologically into large geographic regions or even states, but rather urban, suburban, and rural areas. Conservatives like to share that map showing virtually the entire country painted in electoral red — and it matters more than Democrats like to admit. But we can’t discount that density also matters. A “national divorce” would create even smaller minorities and divisions, but little difference in the way of policy.  (How are the Greenes going to shrink the government when they won’t even reform entitlements?)

<..snip..>

https://thefederalist.com/2023/02/21/we-dont-need-a-national-divorce-we-need-more-federalism/

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2023, 05:24:44 pm »
A national divorce would not be a plausible remedy for the simple fact that each state has the same divisions within it - mostly its an urban versus non-urban issue in most states - so a divorce along state lines wouldn't assuage the pain of the group that ended up being in the minority in each state unless there was a mass migration of affected individuals from one side of the divorce line to the other.  Such dislocation would be disastrous.

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2023, 06:01:35 pm »
A National Divorce Isn’t Happening

It's like asking a mugger to stop beating you and split the contents of your wallet

February 21, 2023 by Daniel Greenfield

The idea of a national divorce is gaining currency among some on the right. The appeal is as obvious as it is completely unrealistic. Getting a national divorce from the Left is like asking a mugger to stop beating you and just agree to split the contents of your wallet. It’s appeasement from a position of weakness and that never works.

The Left isn’t into compromise. It wants total victory and it holds most of the good cards. It didn’t get into this to settle for New York and California, or for that matter America. Making any kind of deal with it is a delusion and entirely unfeasible. The national division isn’t between red and blue states, but between urban and some suburban areas, and everything else. A national divorce between urban and rural areas would only be workable as some sort of libertarian fever dream in which both sides form federations and sign complex treaties.

<..snip..>

https://www.frontpagemag.com/a-national-divorce-isnt-happening/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2023, 06:50:07 pm »
We already tried that twice ... The Articles of Confederation and the US Civil War ... GOP just loves repeating history's failures.

Loosing is a bad habit that feeds upon itself.  GOP needs to go to rehab for loosing.

The Republicans WON the war between the states.
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2023, 07:28:26 pm »
I think the Divorce is the remedy.  But other Briefers are spot on that the Logistics are pretty much never going to let that happen.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 05:50:11 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2023, 11:56:22 pm »
Ugh.  I'm definitely going to have to move closer to @txradioguy if that's the way it works out.

Come on down! I've got someone that can sell you a house here and sell yours up there.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2023, 01:26:18 am »
In 1862, the GOP was advocating preserving the Union.  In 2023, the GOP is advocating dissolution of the Union.

The GOP is no longer the party of Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Barry Goldwater, and Ronald Reagan.

The GOP is being torn apart among a few rich, loud, overly-influential Globalist,  Social Conservative, Seditionist, Successionist, and pro-Putin interests.

The GOP is continuing the dissolution of the Reagan coalition that started with Bush 41, greatly accelerated by Bush 43, and expertly exloited by Trump 45.

It will become increasingly difficult for the GOP to win state-wide elections.  They'll win House Rep and State legislative elections, but not as many US Senate and US Presidential elections.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2023, 03:37:24 am »
All it takes is ONE.
Florida leaves, Texas will soon follow. Then there will be a flood of nations following them.
All it takes is one.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2023, 03:39:31 am »

Keep in mind that most of the blue spots in the Dakotas, and a few in Montana are Indian Reservations. Since they run on separate governments from the rest of the State (under federal jurisdiction) that might not be much different from what it is now.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2023, 03:51:38 am »
Very interesting data. It goes to show that we are all corrupted by the leviathan to such an extent that it cannot be cast off.  It is what the leviathan counts on.
But it doesn't break down what the Federal money is for. Is it for maintaining 150 missiles, silos and facilities along with two air bases, university grants for Federal research, or even highway funding (for the roads we pay taxes to drive on when we fill up) ?

I'd like to see more of a breakdown on all that Federal Money.

As for who pays the highest income taxes, well, that means they make more money. How many of those jobs are Government jobs? (a cut going from one pocket to the other)...

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2023, 05:03:21 am »
   It's obvious to me that MTG is the front runner in the Trump VP contest.

I just don't what happened to her that happened to Carly Fiorina.

You may be on to something there @corbe ... The way she pushed the speaker vote (as Trump wanted) had me wondering how an otherwise firebrand conservative would be pushing so hard for a Rino... She was adamant and it ticked me off. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 05:04:16 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....