Author Topic: Navy intel admiral says China balloon was wake-up call to Americans  (Read 95 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy intel admiral says China balloon was wake-up call to Americans
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Wednesday, Feb 15

SAN DIEGO — For years, national security and military officials have trumpeted the looming threat China poses to the U.S.-led global order.

For just as many years, polls have shown that foreign policy issues rank low on the average voter’s list of pressing concerns.

But the appearance Feb. 1 of the Chinese surveillance balloon that sallied its way across U.S. airspace before being shot down off South Carolina is “absolutely” waking up regular Americans to the Chinese government’s threat to world order, the Navy’s top intelligence official said Wednesday.

At the same time, Rear Adm. Michael Studeman, the head of the Office of Naval Intelligence, said he wished the incident “would be connected to the larger issues at hand when we talk about China.”

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/02/16/navy-intel-admiral-chinese-balloon-was-a-wake-up-call-to-americans/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy intel admiral says China balloon was wake-up call to Americans
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 04:53:04 pm »
It should have been a bigger wake up call for the military and congress.  I'd say for Biden, too, but there is nothing in his head to wake up. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson