Author Topic: Significant coast-to-coast US storm to impact millions this week with snow, ice, flooding  (Read 645 times)

Offline Kamaji

Significant coast-to-coast US storm to impact millions this week with snow, ice, flooding

By Andrew Wulfeck, FOX Weather
February 19, 2023

The FOX Forecast Center is tracking a significant, long-duration coast-to-coast storm that will sweep across the country this week bringing heavy snow, ice, flooding rain and severe weather to millions of Americans.

The winter weather is expected to start Monday in the West and quickly spread across the country, producing hazardous travel on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for many communities north of Interstate 80.

“As we go into Wednesday morning, this is when things really begin to ramp up. Low pressure ejects out of the Rockies, and we start to see that snow belt extend across the northern tier from Nebraska, up across into Wisconsin,” said FOX Weather meteorologist Jane Minar.

Unlike with a classic dip in the jet stream, where cold air reaches far south, the flow across the country will allow warm air to be present, keeping the southern tier of the US quite warm and leading to a sharp boundary for who sees what form of precipitation.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/02/19/significant-coast-to-coast-to-us-storm-to-impact-millions-this-week-with-snow-ice-flooding/

Online rustynail

John Kerry Tried to warn us and now Climate Catastrophe is upon us.

Offline berdie

All you folks affected  by this...Stay safe.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, after driving home about 150 miles through blowing snow and finger drifts, and running the vehicle through a car wash to get the crud off it from the rig, I wiped all the doors and door gaskets down to keep them from freezing shut and went home. This, however, will pass south of us, just some more weather in the -20s, and we likely won't get more than a scattering of snow this time. Which is fine, we have 2 ft. on the ground now. For you folks in the way of it, drive carefully when you have to, keep your winter kit in the vehicle, run on the top half of the tank, and stay safe.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Lando Lincoln

We’ve been dodging winter for the most part.  Not this time. Dang it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Be careful out there...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

We were supposed to get 2in of rain and severe weather..we even had tornado warnings earlier...we dodge a bullet here..nothing but a few showers.

Good luck up north...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

I reckon we have approx 8-10” of new snow and it will continue snowing until about Noon tomorrow. Winds are out of the northeast (good shelter direction for me) at 25-40 mph. Good news is the temp is 25 degrees right now. We will likely end up with 20” if the weather folks are right. I’m hunkered down.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck