Author Topic: Column: Why is Biden recycling failed strategies to slow immigration?  (Read 250 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

OPINION
Column: Why is Biden recycling failed strategies to slow immigration?

BY JEAN GUERREROCOLUMNIST
FEB. 20, 2023 3:10 AM PT

As Americans become increasingly anxious about immigration, Vice President Kamala Harris is searching for answers in all of the wrong places.

The solutions to the causes of migration aren’t in Central America — certainly not in corporate investments that have been a big factor in depriving people of their lands and livelihoods. As a daughter of immigrants, Harris must know the truth. Now would be a good time to end myths Americans cling to about immigration.

A new Gallup survey found that about 19% of Democrats said they want less immigration, a steep increase from 2% in 2021. Most of the people who said they want less of it are Republicans: 71%, compared with 69% last year.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2023-02-20/immigration-border-corporations-biden-kamala-harris
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Column: Why is Biden recycling failed strategies to slow immigration?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 12:32:43 pm »
An editorial like this from a liberal rag sheet like the LA Slimes is not a good sign for Biden! **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson