Author Topic: Still More Vogtle Nuclear Delays (how will it end?)  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Still More Vogtle Nuclear Delays (how will it end?)
« on: February 20, 2023, 12:21:02 pm »
Still More Vogtle Nuclear Delays (how will it end?)
By Kennedy Maize -- February 20, 2023

“The failure of the uncompleted V.C. Summer Units #2 and #3 ($10 billion), and the continuing woes at Vogtle, have marked the complete failure of Congress to create a ‘nuclear renaissance’ through the 2005 Energy Policy Act. The act provided for up to $8 billion each in ‘loan guarantees’ for new nuclear plants.”

“Nuclear ‘loan guarantee,’ it turns out, is a politically constructed term to cover the fact that the ‘guarantees’ are actually Treasury funds, and loan payments are made to the Treasury.”

The sun rises in the East and sets in the West. And Southern Company announces further delays in the startup of Georgia Power’s Vogtle Units 3 and 4, the only nuclear power plant under construction in the U.S.

https://www.masterresource.org/georgia-power-plant-vogtle/vogtle-nuclear-delays-2023/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson