Author Topic: Italy kills off ‘wicked’ green initiative  (Read 191 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Italy kills off ‘wicked’ green initiative
« on: February 20, 2023, 11:42:22 am »
20 Feb, 2023 09:00

Italy kills off ‘wicked’ green initiative
The so-called Superbonus 110 program for climate-friendly renovations has been threatening public finances, officials say

The Italian government has scrapped a climate-friendly tax credit program, claiming it had cost more than €110 billion ($117 billion) and led to widespread fraud. According to Finance Minister Giancarlo Giorgetti, the “reckless policy” was a threat to public finances.

“We have decided to stop the effects of a wicked policy that has benefited a few citizens but has placed a burden on each of us from the cradle onwards of €2,000 ($2,132) per head,” Giorgetti told reporters on Thursday.

The so-called Superbonus 110 initiative, which was one of several programs aimed at reducing the environmental impact of properties, entitled homeowners to a tax credit of up to 110% on the cost of upgrading their home. Introduced after the Covid-19 lockdowns ended, the program has led to a surge in home renovations, boosting Italy’s economic activity.

https://www.rt.com/business/571658-italy-ends-green-transition-scheme/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Re: Italy kills off ‘wicked’ green initiative
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 06:12:40 pm »
 :yowsa: