Author Topic: The Air Force's Hypersonic Scramjet Missile Aced Its Final Test, Beautifully  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Air Force's Hypersonic Scramjet Missile Aced Its Final Test, Beautifully
Story by Darren Orf • Yesterday 10:07 AM

Hypersonic missiles are weapons capable of traveling at speeds of Mach 5 and beyond.

The U.S. Air Force successfully tested and concluded its Hypersonic Airbreathing Weapon Concept (HAWC) missile, a technology demonstrator.

The data from the flight will influence future hypersonic efforts throughout the U.S. military.

The future of aviation is hypersonic. The U.S. Air Force is hard at work on a next-gen hypersonic bomber, and even commercial aviation is looking for ways to push planes into Mach 5 and beyond. But the most pressing issue is to counter the world’s growing (and terrifying) chorus of hypersonic weapons.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/the-air-force-s-hypersonic-scramjet-missile-aced-its-final-test-beautifully/ar-AA16ZACd?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b7369f34b2a149ff908b833a62851b17
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson