Author Topic: US, Syrian forces capture ISIS official in helicopter raid  (Read 83 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US, Syrian forces capture ISIS official in helicopter raid
« on: February 20, 2023, 10:57:45 am »
US, Syrian forces capture ISIS official in helicopter raid
Story by Julia Shapero • Saturday

U.S. and allied Syrian forces apprehended an ISIS official in a helicopter raid in eastern Syria on Saturday, according to U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM).

The raid resulted in the capture of Batar, an ISIS Syria Province official who was reportedly involved in planning attacks on detention centers guarded by the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) and manufacturing improvised explosive devices, CENTCOM said in a press release.

“Extensive planning went into this operation to ensure its successful execution,” officials wrote.

They also noted that no civilians, Syrian Defense soldiers, or U.S. forces were killed or injured in the raid. They did not, however, provide additional information or evidence against Batar.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-syrian-forces-capture-isis-official-in-helicopter-raid/ar-AA17F1ft?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b7369f34b2a149ff908b833a62851b17
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson