Author Topic: Denver councilman with wheelchair forced to lift himself onto debate stage: 'Humiliating experience'  (Read 428 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 February 19, 2023 3:02pm EST
Denver councilman with wheelchair forced to lift himself onto debate stage: 'Humiliating experience'
Denver official 'incredibly disappointed and disheartened' by lack of wheelchair access
By Jessica Chasmar | Fox News

A partially paralyzed Denver city councilman was forced to lift himself out of his wheelchair and onto a debate stage – sparking a call for equal access after video of the moment spread in the news and on social media.

Denver City Council member Chris Hinds, a Democrat who is paralyzed from the chest down, was seen in the video hoisting himself onto the stage floor at the Cleo Parker Robinson Dance Theatre because the stage did not have wheelchair access.

While the theater later apologized, Hinds said he was humiliated by the experience, which happened Monday in front of dozens of onlookers.

https://twitter.com/RyanShead/status/1626745239896723458

Hinds said in a statement Wednesday that he was "incredibly disappointed and disheartened" by the lack of wheelchair access for the City Council debate.

"The unfortunate and humiliating experience I had has elevated the conversation about accessibility to the national stage," he said in another statement Friday.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/denver-councilman-with-wheelchair-forced-lift-himself-onto-debate-stage-humiliating-experience
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If  anyone should be embarrassed by this,it is the other pols there who did nothing to lend a helping hand,not him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

If  anyone should be embarrassed by this,it is the other pols there who did nothing to lend a helping hand,not him.

Either that or it was a planned stunt.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Stand up ChuckChris, let 'em see you. Oh, God love you. What am I talking about. I'll tell you what, you're making everybody else stand up, though, pal."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.