Author Topic: As a gang member, he killed a man. Now, he faces deportation to South Korea  (Read 207 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As a gang member, he killed a man. Now, he faces deportation to South Korea
Jeong Park
Sun, February 19, 2023 at 8:00 AM EST·8 min read

After getting out of prison, Justin Chung told his story on podcasts and TikTok.

He knew he would face tough questions — that sharing about a graduation or family Thanksgiving would be punctuated by reminders of his horrible mistake.

“You took a life and the 14 years does not give the victim’s family any justice,” a TikTok user wrote.

Chung was brutally honest, admitting that it took him years to feel remorse. He wanted to share his complicated journey. And he was rallying support for another fight.

Because of the murder he committed when he was 16, he had lost his chance to apply for a green card. He is on the verge of being deported to South Korea, the country he left as a 2-year-old.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gang-member-killed-man-now-130039480.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYWxpcGFjLnVzLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAC4kzJ6kJ4skjWS0f1pWTN1YDey0ZoafQA2fSPB5CwyRKDBCTHdPBTg_IW6l1VRjSUwVX1Lg-Wk2IaVOQ3bltKaiXxlDZOhSBystrwPu1L6zMWmvP8yVv1-kpcPuhe0HIAAu3HRPX3pqgPHIDyfEqRPv5YhA_DTFjFU64iVppsVX
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mob enforcers make "horrible mistakes," too.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Tough Titty,bubba!

All I can say is "bye bye!",and enjoy your new life as a known murderer living in SK. I am positive the cops there will show you every consideration possible.

Try spitting in their faces while you are still at the airport and going through customs,in order to show them who is the boss.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!