Author Topic: Feds come down hard on veterans home operated by N.J. with $340K in penalties  (Read 115 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Feds come down hard on veterans home operated by N.J. with $340K in penalties
The New Jersey Veterans Memorial Home at Menlo Park in Edison (Ed Murray/nj.com/TNS)
FEBRUARY 18, 2023 TED SHERMAN - NJ ADVANCE MEDIA GROUP AND SUSAN K. LIVIO - NJ ADVANCE MEDIA GROUP

The troubled state-operated New Jersey Veterans Home Memorial Home at Menlo Park has been hit with more than $340,000 in federal penalties, following charges of improper care and abuse that put the lives of residents in “immediate jeopardy” and threatened a shutdown of the facility.

Administrators for the 312-bed nursing home in Edison, which cares for military veterans and their spouses, told regulators they planned to appeal the enforcement action.

The U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, or CMS, detailed the hefty civil penalties in a January letter to Lisa Kranis, who was named as interim CEO at Menlo Park in December by the state Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/02/feds-come-down-hard-on-veterans-home-operated-by-n-j-with-340k-in-penalties/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Its probably only a fraction of what they should have been fined. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson