Author Topic: A senior ISIS leader is dead, but the raid went sideways when an explosion injured several US troops  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A senior ISIS leader is dead, but the raid went sideways when an explosion injured several US troops and a dog
Story by jepstein@insider.com (Jake Epstein) • Friday

US troops and the Syrian Democratic Forces carried out a joint helicopter raid in Syria on Thursday.
The target, a senior Islamic State leader named Hamza al-Homsi, was killed during the operation.
However, four US service members and a dog were injured.

Four US service members and a military working dog were injured during a raid targeting a senior Islamic State leader in Syria, US Central Command said on Friday.

US troops partnered with the Syrian Democratic Forces to carry out the joint helicopter raid in northeastern Syria on Thursday night, CENTCOM said in a statement. Although the target, Hamza al-Homsi, was killed, the operation went sideways when an explosion wounded the four Americans and their working dog. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a-senior-isis-leader-is-dead-but-the-raid-went-sideways-when-an-explosion-injured-several-us-troops-and-a-dog/ar-AA17CUro?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a1b829b820094ed3b770cc4a33b7266c
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson