Author Topic: How Long Does Biden’s DHS Wait to Put Paroled Border Migrants into Removal Proceedings? Is it 60 day  (Read 152 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How Long Does Biden’s DHS Wait to Put Paroled Border Migrants into Removal Proceedings?
Is it 60 days, a year, five years — or much, much longer?

By Andrew R. Arthur on February 11, 2023

The most important question — the biggest “unknown unknown” of the Biden border crisis — is how long DHS is waiting before placing aliens encountered by CBP at the Southwest border (including illegal migrants) into removal proceedings. And yet, it’s the one question no one in the media or Congress is asking. They should, because we can’t really grasp the scope of the disaster until we know the answer, which touches on the administration’s claims that most border migrants are showing up in immigration court.

CBP Southwest Border Encounters Defined and Quantified. CBP Southwest border “encounters” are the sum of migrants apprehended by Border Patrol agents plus aliens deemed inadmissible at the ports. We know that number: nearly 2.4 million in FY 2022 (2.2 million-plus apprehensions and just over 172,500 aliens at the ports).

We also know how many migrants encountered at the Southwest border have been expelled under CDC orders issued pursuant to Title 42 of the U.S. Code in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, and the number of encountered migrants who were processed for removal under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) in lieu of Title 42 expulsion: Short of 1.080 million Title 42 expulsions in FY 2022, and about 1.3 million aliens who were processed for removal.

CBP Southwest Border Releases. The numbers get a little fuzzier when it comes to how many migrants who were released by CBP into the United States were processed for removal under the INA.

https://cis.org/Arthur/How-Long-Does-Bidens-DHS-Wait-Put-Paroled-Border-Migrants-Removal-Proceedings
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They wait until after the next election.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!