Author Topic: Biden to sell 26 million barrels more from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve  (Read 698 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 13, 2023 5:52pm EST
Biden to sell 26 million barrels more from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve
The Strategic Petroleum Reserve is currently at its lowest level since 1983
By Eric Revell FOXBusiness

The Biden administration on Monday announced another sale of oil from the Dept. of Energy's Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR), with 26 million barrels set to be delivered to the market from April 1st to June 30th which will take the number of barrels in the reserve to a new low dating back to 1983.

Unlike the largest-ever drawdown of the SPR that Biden announced in response to Russia's war in Ukraine, the latest release of 26 million barrels is in response to a requirement included in two laws enacted by Congress during the Obama administration under the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 and the Fixing America's Surface Transportation (FAST) Act. The announcement comes ahead of a potential uptick in gas prices as the U.S. nears the summer driving season.

"Biden is front-loading SPR barrels to avoid a summer gasoline price spike," said Phil Flynn, analyst Price Futures Group and FOX Business Network contributor. "There are growing concerns among the Biden administration that gas prices are headed back to $4.00 a gallon and the president is fearful of the political heat he will have to take."

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-sell-26-million-barrels-more-strategic-petroleum-reserve
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Biden to sell 26 million barrels more from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 12:45:38 am »
They're gonna drain it dry... down to the sludge on the bottom.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 12:48:41 am »
At some point, this is going to run out. What tricks does he have up his sleeve then?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 06:18:34 am »
Probably collapse the salt caverns it is stored in at this rate.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 06:19:33 am »
At some point, this is going to run out. What tricks does he have up his sleeve then?
Buy it back from the Chinese at a premium? (and a 'cut' of the action).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 06:57:10 am »
Create an energy crisis, after drained reserves, and blame it on Big Oil......  Pedo Joe's playbook 101.

He aleady is raising hell with trying to prevent stock buy backs, and threatening windfall profits taxes.

Where was this son of a bitch in 2020 when the likes of CVX and XOM were losing billions.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2023, 07:01:22 am »
Probably collapse the salt caverns it is stored in at this rate.

That is a scary but possible scenario. With that natural disaster, also think about the plausibility of finding tankage to store 3 billion gallons of oil.  That's roughly 20,000 average sized crude tanks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2023, 07:41:45 am »
That is a scary but possible scenario. With that natural disaster, also think about the plausibility of finding tankage to store 3 billion gallons of oil.  That's roughly 20,000 average sized crude tanks.
Maybe they could put solar arrays on top.

What could possibly go wrong?

////00000////

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2023, 02:35:28 am »
When the last barrel is gone, then joe and his global buddies can give China and Russia the green light.  I told you people this wan't going to end until America is brought down to a 3rd world Country or lower.  Maybe if joe gave away a few more armies and pallets of cash to our enemies, the dumbest denial ones would final get a clue?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2023, 03:02:02 pm »
Biden says he's "gonna take millions of barrels of oil off the road"

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1625944723956326403
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2023, 08:53:55 pm »
Odd how easy to see how Joes war of a thousand cuts to America are so obvious as to how that must end, and yet woke warriors bound to receive a heavy due recompense from it are so Mr oblivious.  Sending our jobs out of the Country, bringing foreigners here to take what jobs there are.  Raising taxes massively, and devaluing our currency to make everything cost more, especially energy, that can easily come down to simple survival, with shortages contrived and invented, food, medicine, energy.  How did socialized education get people dumbed down to love insanity more than imbeciles?  Some how i escaped the stupidity brainwashing sessions! How 'bout you?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 08:26:03 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2023, 09:47:38 pm »

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2023, 11:49:57 pm »
I wonder  what his cut of the  sale was.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2023, 11:50:37 pm »

@LMAO

Buy it on the open market.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!