Author Topic: Why no one attacks the military Airborne Warning and Control System Team Mighty Published February  (Read 80 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why no one attacks the military Airborne Warning and Control System
 Team Mighty

Published February 15, 2023 13:16:08

Airborne Warning and Control System, also known as AWACS, might be the key to American dominance in military operations. Its integrated command and control battle management provides an accurate, real-time picture of any battle space to any Joint Operations Center. It tracks friendly forces, hostile forces, and neutral parties on the ground, in the air, and at sea.

The aircraft itself is called the E-3 Sentry, and it’s basically a modified Boeing 707 commercial liner with a 30-foot diameter rotating radar dome on top of it. That massive dome tracks radar signals from the Earth’s surface all the way up to the Stratosphere. It is the U.S. military’s all-purpose information nerve center during any operation, in any environment, anywhere in the world.

With all of that in mind, it seems like the first thing an enemy might do is locate the U.S. AWACS and take it out, blinding the American joint force and preventing its interoperability on offense or defense. After all, how hard could it be to shoot down what is basically a civilian 707 with a massive lump on its back? The truth is that shooting down an AWACS is going to be much harder than anyone might expect.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/intel/airborne-warning-and-control-system-awacs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson