Author Topic: Feds say more than 100 children worked for slaughterhouse cleaning firm  (Read 126 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Feds say more than 100 children worked for slaughterhouse cleaning firm
At least 50 children found cleaning Midwest slaughterhouses

Laura Strickler and Julia Ainsley

Fri, February 17, 2023 at 1:32 PM EST·3 min read

The Labor Department said Friday it found 102 children as young as 13 working hazardous overnight jobs cleaning slaughterhouses in eight states in what it called a “corporate-wide failure” by one of the largest food sanitation companies in the country, Packers Sanitation Services Inc.

In a statement, the company said, "We are pleased to have finalized this settlement figure as part of our previously announced December resolution with the Department of Labor (DOL) that ends their inquiry. We have been crystal clear from the start: Our company has a zero-tolerance policy against employing anyone under the age of 18 and fully shares the DOL’s objective of ensuring full compliance at all locations."

"As soon as we became aware of the DOL’s allegations, we conducted multiple additional audits of our employee base. ... Our audits and DOL’s investigation confirmed that none of the individuals DOL cited as under the age of 18 work for the company today, and many had separated from employment with PSSI multiple years ago. The DOL has also not identified any managers aware of improper conduct that are currently employed by PSSI."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/feds-more-100-children-worked-183221867.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Feds say more than 100 children worked for slaughterhouse cleaning firm
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 03:12:28 pm »
This must be false news because I know Joe Biden would never allow something like this to happen. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson