Author Topic: McCarthy rules out amnesty for illegal immigrants after Biden calls at State of the Union  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BORDER SECURITY Published February 17, 2023 8:42pm EST
McCarthy rules out amnesty for illegal immigrants after Biden calls at State of the Union

McCarthy spoke during a visit to the border in Arizona
Adam ShawBy Adam Shaw , Bill Melugin | Fox News

Fox News correspondent Bill Melugin explains the highlights from his conversation at the border with Speaker Kevin McCarthy on ‘Special Report.’

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy on Thursday again ruled out any form of amnesty for illegal immigrants already in the U.S., after the Biden administration renewed calls for an inclusion of a pathway to citizenship as part of any immigration deal.

McCarthy spoke to Fox News during his visit to the border in Arizona. He was asked about past statements he has made where he has ruled out any form of pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants as part of an immigration deal. On Thursday he reiterated that stance.

"That is the case, because you can't have immigration reform without first securing the border," he said. "How can you trust? You find people coming one after another and when you ask them why they’ll tell you ‘the president told me to come.’"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-rules-out-amnesty-illegal-immigrants-biden-calls-state-union
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden is a trash talker, too.  But we'll see if McCarthy's cajones are big enough to keep his "promise." :0001:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson