Author Topic: Americans' Dissatisfaction with Immigration Levels at 10-Year High  (Read 199 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Americans' Dissatisfaction with Immigration Levels at 10-Year High

PUBLISHED:  Thu, FEB 16th 2023 @ 5:00 pm EST

Americans' satisfaction with the numerical level of immigration into the United States has dropped six percentage points over the past year, according to a recent poll from Gallup. In January 2022, 34% of Americans approved of the number of immigrants entering the U.S., compared to just 28% satisfaction in Jan. 2023.

This represents the lowest satisfaction with immigration levels in a decade, but not the least satisfied Americans have been on the issue since the turn of the millennium. "U.S. public satisfaction with immigration was scarcest in 2007 and 2008, at 23% and 24%, respectively, whereas it reached 40%-41% at its highest, in 2017 and 2018," reports Gallup.

Each Jan., Gallup measures the satisfaction expressed by Americans with the level of U.S. immigration along with several other issues as part of its annual 'Mood of the Nation' survey. Between 2001 and 2016, immigration has consistently ranked near the bottom of the surveyed satisfaction levels; since 2016, immigration has ranked slightly higher but has remained in the bottom half of issues.

Gallup reported:

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/americans-concern-immigration-levels-10-year-high
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Americans' Dissatisfaction with Immigration Levels at 10-Year High
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 10:57:12 pm »
"U.S. public satisfaction with immigration was scarcest in 2007 and 2008, at 23% and 24%, respectively, whereas it reached 40%-41% at its highest, in 2017 and 2018," reports Gallup.

It was high in 2017-18 because Mr. Trump had done much to REDUCE and LIMIT immigration, bringing the numbers way down...