Author Topic: Is Vivek Ramaswamy Running? [UPDATE 2/21/23: Yes, he is]  (Read 1041 times)

Offline mountaineer

Is Vivek Ramaswamy Running? [UPDATE 2/21/23: Yes, he is]
« on: February 17, 2023, 07:00:29 pm »
My title. He has posted this video:

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1626604074383691778

Trump supporter Jack Posobiec seems irked.

Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
Vivek seems to be launching his campaign by claiming that he is Martin Luther King
12:09 PM · Feb 17, 2023
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 07:26:30 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: Is Vivek Ramaswamy Running?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 07:06:50 pm »
Bill Ackman predicts investor Vivek Ramaswamy will be president in 2024: ‘The country is ready’
By Thomas Barrabi   
February 16, 2023 11:07am

Billionaire Bill Ackman believes he’s found the next president of the United States – and it’s not Joe Biden or Ron DeSantis.

The Pershing Square Capital Boss threw his support behind Strive Asset Management founder Vivek Ramaswamy.

The 37-year-old investor is an outspoken critic of so-called “woke capitalism” who acknowledged this week that he was considering a presidential bid in the 2024 election — despite lacking any prior political experience.

“I am going to make a bold and early call. @VivekGRamaswamy will run for POTUS and win. I think the country is ready for his message,” Ackman tweeted on Wednesday. “He is young, smart, talented and will attract the center to the right to win. He speaks hard truths which many believe but fear to say.” ... NY Post

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 07:09:02 pm »
The married Ramaswamy was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, to parents who immigrated from India. He graduated from Harvard and then Yale law school, and recently has been courting Republican support for his presidential bid, Politico reported this week.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/02/16/bill-ackman-predicts-vivek-ramaswamy-will-be-president-in-2024/

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 07:09:43 pm »
What is his philosophy, and what are his positions?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 07:09:51 pm »
So no pesky "natural born citizen" issue?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 07:10:18 pm »

One can always hope.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2023, 07:41:23 pm »

Depends on whether or not his parents were citizens when he was born. If they were, he's golden.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2023, 07:43:08 pm »
Depends on whether or not his parents were citizens when he was born. If they were, he's golden.

No, it doesn't.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 12:14:56 am »
No, it doesn't.

And people still wonder why our republic is in the toilet.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2023, 04:12:46 pm »

Trump supporter Jack Posobiec seems irked.

Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
Vivek seems to be launching his campaign by claiming that he is Martin Luther King
12:09 PM · Feb 17, 2023

Nah.  This is Poso ridicule.  :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2023, 04:24:54 pm »
Apparently, Ramaswamy told Glenn Beck he's seriously considering running for president (per Beck's twitter).

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2023, 11:10:41 pm »
Who....?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2023, 01:18:56 am »
A very smart young man with his own investment company, frequent guest on Tucker Carlson's show.

His company is called Strive:
We created Strive to offer everyday Americans a way to invest in the stock market without mixing business with politics.

Many Americans invest in the market by selecting large asset managers to oversee their retirement and investment accounts. These asset managers charge low fees, but there is a hidden cost: these firms tell America’s public companies to adopt divisive social and political agendas that most Americans disagree with. Even worse, they cause America’s companies to perform more poorly by mixing politics with business, which harms the investment accounts of everyday Americans.

At Strive, we are solving that problem by creating index funds that deliver our message to American public companies.

Strive is an Ohio-based asset management firm whose mission is to restore the voices of everyday citizens in the American economy by guiding companies to focus on excellence over politics.

We cater to everyday Americans who don’t want their investments and retirement accounts to be used to push political agendas onto American companies. ...
Generalizations about alumni of Harvard or Yale may not fit in this instance.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 01:49:53 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2023, 01:37:26 pm »
Being educated at Harvard or Yale should disqualify anyone from running for President.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2023, 02:07:57 pm »
Anti-Woke Businessman Vivek Ramaswamy Hopes to Spark ‘Revival of National Identity’ if He Runs for President
Nick Gilbertson
18 Feb 2023
A young, energetic entrepreneur named Vivek Ramaswamy is mulling a run for president of the United States, hoping his candidacy sparks a “revival of national identity” if he enters the fray and would reportedly seek to follow former President Donald J. Trump’s 2016 blueprint as a political outsider.

Ramaswamy, 37, was raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, as a first-generation American. After immigrating to the United States from India, his father embarked on a career at General Electric as an engineer and patent lawyer while his mother worked as a geriatric physiatrist, Politico reported. Ramaswamy graduated as valedictorian from St. Xavier High School, a Jesuit school, before attaining a biology degree from Harvard University and a subsequent law degree from Yale University.

From there, he founded multiple healthcare and technology companies, including Roivant Sciences in 2014, where, according to the New Yorker, he made hundreds of millions of dollars. He also became a world-class fundraiser, as the company pulled in more than a billion dollars in investments, which as of 2017 was “one of the largest ever fundings in the life sciences sector,” the Times of India reported at the time. He “led the largest biotech IPOs of 2015 and 2016,” his website states, and his companies developed multiple U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved drugs, as Politico noted.  ...

Ramaswamy said:
    I just see an opportunity right now in America to answer the question of actually what it means to be an American today. You ask most people my age that question, you get a blank stare in response, and to me, I think we have a chance to revive the ideals that this nation was founded on and to use that to dilute the woke agenda to irrelevance. That’s what I’ve been talking about in my books and other work over the last few years, but I’m really looking at how I can take that to the next level and hopefully spawn a revival of national identity in this country that we’re missing. ...
More at Breitbart

It's intriguing, anyway. Considering the Dems offer Dementia Joe and "spiritual thought leader" Marianne Williamson thus far, we could do worse (and have done worse, e.g. Mittens).

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2023, 09:36:32 pm »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2023, 10:02:55 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023, 02:29:50 am »
The answer is YES, he's running. He announced on Tucker Carlson's program tonight.

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1628203879639789568
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 12:38:27 pm by mountaineer »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2023, 04:22:23 am »
As soon as he announced, one faction started accusing him of being in cahoots with George Soros, as has happened to Ron DeSantis.  :pondering:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2023, 12:22:11 pm »
The Republican Andrew Yang?

Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 2/21/2023

If I were tracking the 2024 Republican Presidential Primaries the way I tracked the 2020 Democratic Presidential Primaries (I’m not; the Democratic Presidential Clown Car Update was a huge pain in the ass and I don’t have the time to spend on it), Vivek Ramaswamy is exactly the sort of fringe candidate I’d give some time and attention to.

Vivek Ramaswamy, the millionaire entrepreneur and author of Woke, Inc., told National Review on Monday that he is “strongly considering” a run for president and expects to make a decision “very soon.”

Ramaswamy said he’s been drawn to the idea of running to address a “national identity crisis” that has left Americans hungry for purpose, meaning, and identity.

“We are at a point in our national history when the things that used to fill that void — faith, patriotism, hard work, even family — have disappeared,” he said, adding that in its absence, “wokeism, climate-ism as an ideology, radical gender ideology, Covidism” have become secular religions that fill that “black hole of identity.”

Conservatives have gotten too good at pointing out the problem and “trying to stamp out the poison without actually addressing the real problem,” said Ramaswamy, who has been dubbed the “CEO of Anti-Woke Inc.” The solution, he says, is to “fill that identity void with a vision of American national identity that runs so deep, that it dilutes the secular agendas to irrelevance.”

Those such as President Biden who deliver a vision of national unity by beginning in the middle and calling for compromise are doing it wrong, Ramaswamy said. In order to build unity, the country must return to the “extremism of the ideas that set America into motion: free speech, unbridled meritocracy,” he said.

“I think most people believe these ideals and most people think their neighbors and their colleagues believe these ideals to be true as well, but they can’t be sure anymore, because they don’t feel free to talk about it,” he said. “And so that’s been one of the hallmarks for me, is to start talking openly, again, to lead the way by actually doing it.”

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=54183

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2023, 12:36:02 pm »
Vivek Ramaswamy
@VivekGRamaswamy
I challenge every GOP candidate to join me in making some easy commitments:
- End affirmative action
- Abandon climate religion
- Total decoupling from China
- 8-year limits for all federal bureaucrats
- Say NO to central bank digital currencies