Author Topic: Pennsylvania Gov. Shapiro’s Fetterman Problem by Jeffrey Lord  (Read 258 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Pennsylvania Gov. Shapiro’s Fetterman Problem
Senator, a stroke victim, and now hospitalized for clinical depression. Time for a resignation?
by Jeffrey Lord
February 16, 2023, 5:30 PM

In truth, this news is self-evidently sad.

Here’s the headline from Penn Live, the online version of the Patriot-News, the newspaper in Harrisburg:

Sen. John Fetterman of Pa. hospitalized for clinical depression, staff says

This was the headline from the Philadelphia Inquirer:

John Fetterman has checked into Walter Reed hospital for clinical depression

Fetterman’s office said he has struggled with that concern for years but that it only became severe in recent weeks.

And from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the paper that covers Western Pennsylvania:

Sen. John Fetterman checks himself into the hospital for clinical depression

To be clear, I feel nothing but sympathy for Sen. Fetterman and his family. In a year’s time, he has had first a stroke and now this.

But last year during his Senate race, as a member of the Penn Live editorial board, I raised the health issue with Fetterman personally when he came before the board to make the case for his candidacy.

At the time, I told him that in my youth I had served as executive assistant to Pennsylvania’s then-Sen. John Heinz. At the time, Heinz was in his mid-40s, in great physical shape, and a fountain of energy. As was the case with other Heinz staffers, I would have my time running around Pennsylvania from one end of this very big state to the other with Heinz. I was in my early 30s and in good shape, and even then, keeping up with the energetic and vigorous Heinz was a challenge. 

A senator’s job, I learned, in addition to traveling all over the state, requires serious participation in Senate committee hearings, and lots of time is also required for debates on the Senate floor. I learned firsthand from John Heinz that being a United States senator from Pennsylvania is work — serious hard work. It requires, at a minimum, physical and mental stamina to do the very basics of the job.

more
https://spectator.org/pennsylvania-gov-shapiros-fetterman-problem/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Pennsylvania Gov. Shapiro’s Fetterman Problem by Jeffrey Lord
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 04:57:49 pm »
Just off hand, it would seem that the Democratic Party of Pennsylvania should rally to Shapiro and request for Fetterman to resign — and let a new Shapiro-appointed Democrat senator get on with the work of representing and working for Pennsylvanians in the United States Senate.

Will it happen? Don’t bet the ranch.
Not if it's that shrew Gisele. I almost could live with Conor Lamb.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 05:11:15 pm »
I like that with the "Lump" in the psych ward the Rats only have a 1 seat majority.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 06:17:02 pm »
Fetterman is nothing more than cannon fodder for those around him seeking power.