Author Topic: Executive Compensation, Tech Transfer and National Security  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Executive Compensation, Tech Transfer and National Security
« on: February 17, 2023, 03:02:11 pm »
Mon, 02/13/2023 - 9:13pm
Executive Compensation, Tech Transfer and National Security

By Sanjai Bhagat, Michael Brogan, and Kevin Benson

China’s impressive military capabilities and increasingly hostile posture towards the U.S. and its allies causes significant concern among the top policy-makers in the U.S. As recently as the turn of the century, China was reluctant to challenge the U.S. military even in its own backyard. During the past quarter-century, however, China added significantly to its military capabilities, and now indeed challenges the U.S. military.

How did the Chinese military get so powerful and in such a short period?

The Chinese Communist Party focused on developing and modernizing its military via any and all means – legal and extra-legal. The legal mechanisms include China’s laudable investments in its higher education institutions, many of them focused on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). The extra-legal mechanisms include expropriation of dual use technology (useful for both civilian and military purposes) from cutting-edge U.S. (and allied) technology companies operating in China as well as outright theft of intellectual property. Why did U.S. technology companies that invested billions of their shareholder dollars (and trillions of U.S. taxpayer dollar investments in U.S. higher education institutions in STEM research) to develop their valuable dual-use technology allow China to expropriate this technology?

https://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/executive-compensation-tech-transfer-and-national-security
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Executive Compensation, Tech Transfer and National Security
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 03:59:35 pm »
The Chi-com's joined the WTO, and let Western companies give the Chi-coms everything they needed in exchange for cheap manufacturing.

Communists advance via infiltration - WTO, WHO, etc.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright