Author Topic: Naval Intelligence admiral: ‘naïve’ American public has a ‘China blindness’ problem  (Read 239 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Naval Intelligence admiral: ‘naïve’ American public has a ‘China blindness’ problem

Rear Adm. Mike Studeman, the commander of the Office of Naval Intelligence, also pushed back on the idea the US should discontinue its policy of "strategic ambiguity" regarding Taiwan.
By   JUSTIN KATZ
on February 15, 2023 at 7:45 PM

WEST 2023 — Following a week where most of the country’s attention was transfixed on a high-altitude balloon deployed by the Chinese government, a top Navy intelligence officer said it is “unsettling” how blind most Americans have become to the threat China poses.

“I’ll be very honest with you. It’s very unsettling to see how much the US is not connecting the dots on our number one challenge,” Rear Adm. Mike Studeman, the commander of the Office of Naval Intelligence, told attendees here at the West 2023 conference in San Diego.

“It’s disturbing how ill-informed and naïve the average American is on China. I chalk this up, if I could summarize, into a China blindness. We face a knowledge crisis and a China blindness problem,” he continued.

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/02/naval-intelligence-admiral-naive-american-public-has-a-china-blindness-problem/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China blindness is caused by media hiding the negative about China while extolling the positive. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I don't think it's the American public that's blind about China but our elected goofballs, starting with Bill Clinton.  Remember when Obama said that China was merely a partner and not a competitor?  There was just too much money to be made, otherwise, and anyway, the U.S. was "democratizing" China by engaging with it economically, or so the dishonest argument went.

Most folks have always known that Red China is a threat to the U.S. but the corporate business class and political elites dismissed it, since they wanted access to all that cheap labor in unregulated factories.  Now the ChiComs control about 80-90 of our supply chain, and the government is suddenly waking up?  It's about 20 years too late.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline rustynail

Somethings wrong.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't think it's the American public that's blind about China but our elected goofballs, starting with Bill Clinton.  Remember when Obama said that China was merely a partner and not a competitor?  There was just too much money to be made, otherwise, and anyway, the U.S. was "democratizing" China by engaging with it economically, or so the dishonest argument went.

Most folks have always known that Red China is a threat to the U.S. but the corporate business class and political elites dismissed it, since they wanted access to all that cheap labor in unregulated factories.  Now the ChiComs control about 80-90 of our supply chain, and the government is suddenly waking up?  It's about 20 years too late.

Many, if not most. of our elected goofballs are on the ChiCom payroll IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

China blindness only exists among those bought, leased, or rented by the Chi-coms.

A commie is always a commie ... even if that commie looks like Winnie the Pooh.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China blindness only exists among those bought, leased, or rented by the Chi-coms.

You mean the media, of course. wink777
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just more examples of all our institutions thinking 100% of Americans are idiots and can't think for themselves.

If enough understood and realized the absurdity, we could do something about it.

Docile sheep instead.   ****sheep****
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.