Author Topic: Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg under fire for going soft in violent attack on NYC nurse  (Read 125 times)

Offline Kamaji

Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg under fire for going soft in violent attack on NYC nurse

By Larry Celona and Jorge Fitz-Gibbon
February 16, 2023

Soft-on-crime Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg is under fire once again — this time for his apparent kid-gloves treatment of a violent attack on a nurse at a Harlem hospital, The Post has learned.

The vicious assault was among a spate of attacks on healthcare workers at the same Mount Sinai hospital in a matter of days, according to sources and police records.

Valentino Tablang, 55, a registered nurse at Mount Sinai Morningside, was so violently slugged by a deranged patient on Feb. 7 that he told The Post he feared he might be blinded.

Yet Bragg’s office filed only slap-on-the-wrist misdemeanor charges in the case — despite a state law that prescribes felony raps in on-the-job attacks on healthcare workers.

“The attack was bad enough, but then I became more upset when I saw that the district attorney only charged her with an assault in the third degree, a misdemeanor,” Tablang told The Post this week.

“That is crazy,” he added. “I’m very disappointed.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/02/16/manhattan-da-went-soft-in-brutal-attack-on-nyc-nurse/