Author Topic: Biden refers to Maryland’s first Black governor by racially-charged term during remarks on economy  (Read 463 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 15, 2023 5:05pm EST
Biden refers to Maryland’s first Black governor by racially-charged term during remarks on economy
In the wrong context, boy can be a racially derogatory term toward Black men

By Bradford Betz | Fox News

President Biden referred to Maryland Gov. Wes Moore, who is Black, as "boy" Wednesday during his opening remarks to an audience of IBEW union workers.

"You got a hell of a new governor in Wes Moore, I tell ya," Biden said, eliciting applause. "He’s the real deal, and the boy looked like he could still play. He got some guns on him."

Biden has used the term nonchalantly when addressing White individuals during previous speeches.

Last October, during his remarks on student loan forgiveness, the president referred to Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., who is White, as "boy."

"And Chris Coons, who has the seat I used to hold. Only difference is that he not only has a law degree, he has a divinity degree. The boy can preach," Biden said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-refers-marylands-first-black-governor-racially-charged-term-during-remarks-economy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Showing his racism rather nakedly.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"Boy" used to be 'fighting words'.

I don't reckon that has changed much.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That Corn Pop Boy was a bad dude.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Showing his racism rather nakedly.

He always has...the media ignores it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

"Boy" used to be 'fighting words'.

I don't reckon that has changed much.

:thumbsup:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Pull my finger!
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

That's just Joe being Joe. Hey boy, could ya shine my shoes while you're here? God love ya.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Jes' ol' white joe bein' ol' WHITE joe...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That's just Joe being Joe. Hey boy, could ya shine my shoes while you're here? God love ya.

Joe Biden: " Say, did you hear the one about the Jew, the Catholic, and the colored boy who went to heaven?"

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.