Author Topic: The SEC Is Hell-Bent On Regulating Climate Change—Except It Can’t  (Read 161 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY DONALD KOCHAN ON FEB 16, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The SEC Is Hell-Bent On Regulating Climate Change—Except It Can’t

sec hqJustice Antonin Scalia cautioned more than 20 years ago that Congress doesn’t “hide elephants in mouseholes.”

When Congress chooses not to pursue a certain policy or delegate a new authority, it isn’t inviting administrative agencies to step in and fill the empty space. [emphasis, links added]

But federal agencies are increasingly attempting to impose major climate regulations with no mandate from Congress.

In its June 2022 decision in West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency, the Supreme Court made clear that federal agencies may not assert “highly consequential power beyond what Congress could reasonably be understood to have granted.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-sec-is-hell-bent-on-regulating-climate-change-except-it-cant/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson