Author Topic: Greenpeace Betrays Founders to Peddle Junk Science  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Greenpeace Betrays Founders to Peddle Junk Science
« on: February 17, 2023, 11:51:39 am »
Greenpeace Betrays Founders to Peddle Junk Science
21 hours ago Guest Blogger 43 Comments
by Dr. Patrick Moore

Since 2016, when acoustic sonar surveys required for construction of 1,500 wind turbines began on the U.S. Atlantic coast, 174 Humpback whales have washed ashore dead. This represents a 400 percent increase in mortalities from previous years. And then there are the highly endangered North Atlantic right whales, of which less than 400 individuals exist today. They recovered somewhat after being hunted to near extinction in the 1930’s, but now they are thought to be declining.

Federal government agencies such as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) are authorizing the sonar surveys. Greenpeace, the organization I helped found in 1971, has sided with the wind turbines over the whales, stating there is no “proof” that sonar is involved in this tragedy. Here is a quote from a Greenpeace spokesperson:

“At this time, due to the lack of evidence suggesting harm from offshore wind development, Greenpeace’s position remains that the best way to protect whales is to create ocean sanctuaries, eliminate single-use plastics at the source, and stop our dependency on oil and gas.”

Perhaps it would be a good idea to put the “ocean sanctuaries” where the whales live.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/02/16/greenpeace-betrays-founders-to-peddle-junk-science/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson