Author Topic: New York’s Good Environmental Intentions Unsullied by Reality  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York’s Good Environmental Intentions Unsullied by Reality
« on: February 17, 2023, 11:48:39 am »
New York’s Good Environmental Intentions Unsullied by Reality
Posted on February 15, 2023 by curryja | 37 Comments
by Roger Caiazza

However noble the concept of eliminating any risks from any source of pollution, if it is construed to mean that anything that might be contributing to bad health must be prohibited, then there will be massive consequences.

My entire career as an air pollution meteorologist has been devoted to upholding the Clean Air Act (CAA).  Several New York initiatives are combining to undermine the very foundation of that law.  Furthermore, these initiatives are contrary to the premise of my Pragmatic Environmentalist of New York blog that practical tradeoffs of environmental risks and societal benefits are necessary for workable solutions.  This post describes the initiatives and what I believe will be the inevitable consequence.

I have extensive experience with air pollution control theory, implementation, and evaluation over my entire career.  I write about New York energy and environmental issues at the Pragmatic Environmentalist of New York blog.  The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the position of any of my previous employers or any other company I have been associated with; these comments are mine alone.

Background

https://judithcurry.com/2023/02/15/new-yorks-good-environmental-intentions-unsullied-by-reality/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson