Author Topic: Illinois Officials Plan to House Nearly 700 Migrants in Closed Chicago Kmart  (Read 121 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illinois Officials Plan to House Nearly 700 Migrants in Closed Chicago Kmart

JOHN BINDER16 Feb 2023176

Hundreds of migrants bused to Chicago, Illinois, from mostly Texas may soon be housed in an old Kmart store if state officials get their way.

Since Texas began busing border crossers and illegal aliens to Chicago, a sanctuary city, more than 5,100 have arrived. The overwhelming majority of those new arrivals, nearly 4,000, have sought to be sheltered by the city, paid for by state and local taxpayers.

Now, Illinois officials with the Department of Human Services are seeking to house nearly 700 migrants in an old Kmart superstore building that closed in 2016. The property sits on the city’s Southwest Side and locals are already raising alarms over the plan.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/02/16/illinois-officials-plan-to-house-nearly-700-migrants-in-closed-chicago-kmart/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Shouldn't the illegals be put in five-star hotels first, before they're put in an empty K-Mart, just like in NYC.  The mayor must be more racist than I thought! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson