Author Topic: Speculation Mounts Liz Cheney May Run in 2024 as ‘Dark Horse’ Candidate  (Read 626 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Speculation Mounts Liz Cheney May Run in 2024 as ‘Dark Horse’ Candid
 Martin Walsh February 17, 2023

Former Republican Rep. Liz Cheney suffered a brutal defeat in her primary back in August and has officially left office. Now, speculation is mounting that she may make a run for the White House.

CNN published a recent piece detailing “Republicans considering 2024 presidential run,” which included a profile on Cheney.

“Liz Cheney: The former Wyoming congresswoman who emerged as the foremost GOP critic of Trump’s lies about widespread election fraud lost her House seat to a Trump-backed primary challenger. She launched a political action committee last year and made clear she intends to try to purge the GOP of Trump’s influence. But what that means in the context of a potential 2024 bid is not yet clear,” the outlet noted.

Greg Valliere, a policy strategist at AGF Investments, published an analysis of the top 10 most likely Republican presidential candidates to “emerge soon.” President Joe Biden’s team has strongly suggested he intends to run. Former President Donald Trump announced back in November he was making another run for the White House.

Valliere notes that there are other notable Republicans such as Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas, Kristi Noem of South Dakota, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, and former Rep. Liz Cheney who could run as “darkhorse” candidates that gain steam in the GOP primary.

He also notes former Vice President Mike Pence, former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley, and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo have teased in recent months that they are considering a 2024 run.

more
https://conservativebrief.com/liz-24-70937/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

There was a time I would have been happy to see Hutch on the ticket... No more.

Noems I would look at, though her record is pretty short.
Cruz could still get my support, but it would be a damn hard road.
Cheney - Not a single chance in hell. Nonstarter.
Same for Pence and Hailey: NOPE.

Dunno about Pompeo.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There was a time I would have been happy to see Hutch on the ticket... No more.

Cruz could still get my support, but it would be a damn hard road.
Cheney - Not a single chance in hell. Nonstarter.
Same for Pence and Hailey: NOPE.

Dunno about Pompeo.

The only one mentioned in that article that I would consider is Kristi Noem and I really don't know a lot about her.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

The only one mentioned in that article that I would consider is Kristi Noem and I really don't know a lot about her.

That's about right... other than her HUGE cajones in the face of COVID... She's got  pair. And that makes her worthy of a look. Dunno much past that either.

Online mountaineer

Cheney should run as the "horse's ass" candidate.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

"Dark Horse"?

More like Dark Donkey...

Online andy58-in-nh

Cheney should run as the "horse's ass" candidate.

000hehehehe
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Kamala, Biden, Fetterman, have swung the doors open wide.
If these 'obviously' mentally impaired people can be elected, then anyone in the world can be elected in America.
That's why we are seeing all of these "why not?" candidates. Just go for it and see what happens. Why not?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

It is longer than Cheney's.  Her only stint in the Executive Branch has been at the State Dept which is basically a social club.  In contrast, Noem has run an entire State.  Noem has far more qualification and experience to be CEO than does Cheney.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

It is longer than Cheney's.  Her only stint in the Executive Branch has been at the State Dept which is basically a social club.  In contrast, Noem has run an entire State.  Noem has far more qualification and experience to be CEO than does Cheney.

Damn well right - But that ain't saying much. I just mean she is a *new* governor without a long track record... And outside of her steadfast position during the covid fiasco, I don't know much more about her. Folks with a long record become predictable - and that is what I want. That what I vote for is what I will get, which is why I rely only on the record, and don't pay no mind to promises from the stump.

And that's all I mean.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Speculation Mounts Liz Cheney May Run in 2024 as ‘Dark Horse’ Candidate"

Fishrrman edit for clarity:
"Speculation Mounts Liz Cheney May Run in 2024 as ‘Dark Horse's A$$’ Candidate"

(oops, posted before I read ANY of the above replies!)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Cheney is going to pull a "Beto". Collect 10s of millions in campaign cash and then gracefully lose, as always.
Then she walks away with tons of money and no effort.

Just like Robert Francis "Beto" O'Rourke, the fake Mexican Irishman does every year.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.