Author Topic: BREAKING: John Fetterman Checked Himself Into Walter Reed for Clinical Depression Treatment  (Read 9879 times)

Offline Hoodat

Considering the loss of Fetterman still ensures a dim senatate majority, surprised they are this scorched earth towards retaining the seat.
Maybe they fear a Manchin or Sinema caucus defection.

With Fetterman in there, a Manchin or Sinema defection would have been countered with a tie-breaking vote from the VP.  But with Fetterman unable to vote, a Manchin or Sinema defection means that the Dems lose (provided that no Republicans cross over, for which there is no guarantee).  A 50-49 split means that the VP doesn't get to vote.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"...or they have been deemed unable to take care of themselves. And when I say unable to take care of themselves, I mean, their basic needs – food, hydration, hygiene – are all things that they’re required to do on a daily basis"

Looks like that instead of staying in a DC apartment, he'd be better off rooming at an "assisted living" facility...

Offline Idiot

"...or they have been deemed unable to take care of themselves. And when I say unable to take care of themselves, I mean, their basic needs – food, hydration, hygiene – are all things that they’re required to do on a daily basis"

Looks like that instead of staying in a DC apartment, he'd be better off rooming at an "assisted living" facility...
goopo

Offline mountaineer

Milton Wolf
@MiltonWolfMD
The #Fetterman story didn't make sense on day one. Hospitalization for depression is to avoid self harm and is unpredictable but usually a few days. Doctors wouldn't know and announce on day 1 how long, especially saying it would take weeks.
Now stroke rehab, OTOH, easily weeks.
10:17 PM · Feb 27, 2023

Milton Wolf
@MiltonWolfMD
It really doesn't add up. No way a doctor would announce at admission how long it would take until a patient is no longer at risk of self harm. And they definitely would NEVER say weeks, especially when the average length of stay for depression is days.
10:36 PM · Feb 27, 2023

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Dasha Burns
@DashaBurns
NEW: A senior aide to Senator Fetterman tells me he will likely be in inpatient care for clinical depression for "a few weeks."
7:47 AM · Feb 17, 2023

Dasha Burns
@DashaBurns
A senior aide says it’s been difficult to distinguish the stroke from the depression – saying it’s hard to tell at times if Fetterman is “not hearing you, or is he sort of crippled by his depression and social anxiety.”

Dasha Burns
@DashaBurns
A senior aide tells me both the staff and Fetterman himself were taken by surprise by the severe onset of depression.
The aide also says this hasn't compromised his ability to do the job going forward, and he will be back to work once he has taken care of his mental health.
If they can't tell whether his problem is severe depression or inability to hear (or stroke-related brain damage, for that matter), how do they know it hasn't compromised his ability to the do the job blahblahblah?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

So we now have it confirmed that Fetterman’s stroke was more severe than told

We now see all the COVID lies exposed

The “ Russian Hoax” Hunter Biden laptop story was not so Russian Hoax-y as we were told

The Trump “ collusion with Russia” story fell apart

All of these have one common denominator. A corrupt, incompetent, and compromised media
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 11:14:45 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idiot

So we now have it confirmed that Fetterman’s strike was more severe than told

The “ Russian Hoax” Hunter Biden laptop story was not so Russian Hoax-y as we were told

All of these have one common denominator. A corrupt, incompetent, and compromised media
Well said!

Offline Kamaji

So we now have it confirmed that Fetterman’s strike was more severe than told

Exactly.

Offline mountaineer

"Social anxiety." Should someone so afflicted run for public office?  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well, one thing is for certain, the Dems won't be able to trot out a doppelganger to fool the public that Fett is A-okay..  Nope, No sirree, they will have to go all "Weekend at Bernies" for this bigfoot looking freak.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Pennsylvania Capital-Star
@PennCapitalStar
U.S.  Sens. Bob Casey and John Fetterman of Pa. have joined a bipartisan group of senators to introduce legislation aimed at preventing future freight train derailments like the one last month in East Palestine, Ohio.  Pa.’s Casey, Fetterman join bill aimed at preventing future train derailments
4:27 PM · Mar 1, 2023

Sean Davis
@seanmdav
Fetterman is isolated in a mental institution right now. He didn’t join a bipartisan group of anything. So the question is which staffer has appointed himself senator in Fetterman’s office?
10:19 AM · Mar 2, 2023
Fetterman is sitting in a padded room wearing a strait jacket, wondering how he's going to get his hands free to eat this evening's pudding. He's not joining with other senators on anything.

Offline mountaineer

Tales from the psych ward: Sen. John Fetterman shown working in first pics since being hospitalized for depression

He seems to have lost at least 50 lbs., but I'm sure his depression has lifted ever since he doesn't have to put on a suit every day.

Offline Kamaji

Tales from the psych ward: Sen. John Fetterman shown working in first pics since being hospitalized for depression

He seems to have lost at least 50 lbs., but I'm sure his depression has lifted ever since he doesn't have to put on a suit every day.

Looks like a setup, since those pages all appear to be blank.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
It's staged; he's "reading" from blank pages.

I zoomed in, the pages weren't blank.... Staged, of course, thus no video/audio.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sighlass observed:
"Staged, of course, thus no video/audio"

They had to to do something to counter complaints that fetterman had remained all-but incommunicado since he was checked into the place...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

“John is well on his way to recovery and wanted me to say how grateful he is for all the well wishes. He’s laser focused on PA & will be back soon,” Jentleson added.

Why not release a video of the Senator giving an update and expressing his gratitude for all the well wishes?

Offline Hoodat

Adam Jentleson
@AJentleson
·
Productive morning with Senator Fetterman at Walter Reed discussing the rail safety legislation, Farm Bill and other Senate business. John is well on his way to recovery and wanted me to say how grateful he is for all the well wishes. He’s laser focused on PA & will be back soon.

Yeah, right.  At least they hid his drool cup out of site for the photo.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The growth on his neck is doing fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Why not release a video of the Senator giving an update and expressing his gratitude for all the well wishes?
His "depression" treatment can't reverse the brain damage from the stroke(s). I doubt he can speak an entire sentence coherently.

Online Polly Ticks

I zoomed in, the pages weren't blank.... Staged, of course, thus no video/audio.

Agreed. 
Where's his laptop to help with the real-time closed captioning, since he cannot understand spoken communications?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

The John Fetterman Situation Just Got Much Weirder
By Bonchie | 2:00 PM on March 09, 2023
RedState
...  I told you things were getting weird. The New York Times wrote a full spread actually suggesting that it is normal for a senator to co-sponsor legislation that he’s not even aware of. That’s the best defense they could come up with for a guy who not only can’t perform the duties of his office, but can’t even hold a conversation with someone.

The entire point of electing a representative is that they make decisions in the interests of their constituents. In all my time covering politics, I have never once heard of a Senate staff co-sponsoring legislation for their boss without his or her knowledge. That’s so insane and contrary to the electoral system as to be scandalous all on its own. We aren’t supposed to be a government run by staff proxies. US senators are expected to carry out basic duties, and one of those is being aware of bills they are sponsoring.  ...

... In the article, it says that Gisele Fetterman is only visiting her husband once a week. I don’t know about you, but if my wife were in the hospital, and I dipped out to Canada and then only visited her once a week, she might be just a bit upset. What is going on here?

That’s a question we aren’t likely to get an answer to anytime soon. The press is far too invested in protecting Fetterman to get to the bottom of anything.

Offline mountaineer