Author Topic: BREAKING: John Fetterman Checked Himself Into Walter Reed for Clinical Depression Treatment  (Read 9900 times)

Offline Polly Ticks

The freshman senator, who is continuing to recover from a debilitating stroke in May
I don't think the understand the meaning of "recovering"

Interesting that NOW it is being referred to as a "debilitating" malady.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

He never really started to recover from the stroke. Rehab would have interfered with Mrs. F's plans.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We have two concrete examples of the demonrat party pushing --- by any means --- candidates into office they knew were medically unable to perform the duties of the job; one in the Oval Office and the other in the Senate. 

Isn't there a coordinated way for Republicans to clearly pin on the demonrat party this craven disregard for human dignity and the American voter for the advancement of their lust for absolute power?

Can we not use this as proof absolute power is all that matters to them --- everything and everyone else be damned?

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

Don Surber:
Tucker Carlson coined — or at least popularized — the phrase Fetterman Nation. As a writer, I will take anything to get my point across. I swiped Trumpenfreude from Paul Krugman to describe that feeling you get when a Trump opponent has had his comeuppance.

Carlson said, “The Biden Administration used fighter jets to shoot down its own balloon and we really are becoming Fetterman Nation.”

Becoming? We are soaking in it. A goon in a hoodie and basketball shorts with no discernable skills or accomplishments defeated a well-groomed, respected cardiologist, television personality and businessman for the Senate.

It is like making Gary Coleman your first pick in basketball.

We have devolved into a big, dull, goofy, confused, barely functioning nation that given the choice between obvious and ridiculous choses the ridiculous every single time. ...
That's just the lead-in to a thorough examination of the utter insanity and absurdity in this nation. The election of Fetterman is but a small example of how freakin' upside-down we are.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pennsylvania governor refuses to ask Fetterman to resign following hospitalization for depression
Aubrie Spady

Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro said he will not encourage Sen. John Fetterman, D-Pa., to resign his seat to focus on his health, amid multiple hospital stays including in-patient treatment for clinical depression.

There are growing concerns over Fetterman's ability to serve as Pennsylvania's senator while also receiving the treatment he needs, after being admitted into the hospital twice in February.

Shapiro told The Inquirer that if any Democrats asked him to tell Fetterman to step down, he would "dismiss it immediately."

One month after being sworn into the Senate, Fetterman was admitted into a Washington, D.C., hospital after experiencing lightheadedness. The Democrat checked himself back in the next week to be treated for clinical depression.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pennsylvania-governor-refuses-fetterman-resign-hospitalization-depression
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Gisele Fetterman shares window into family since husband's hospitalization
Julia Felton | Friday, Feb. 24, 2023 9:45 a.m.
After U.S. Sen. John Fetterman last week checked himself into a hospital for clinical depression treatment, his wife Gisele found her home circled by media trucks.

In a series of tweets Friday morning, Gisele Fetterman explained how her children were home from school and her home surrounded by press when the public heard the news that her husband was at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., seeking help for his mental health.

Gisele Fetterman said she “did the first thing I could think of,” which was pack her kids into the car and take a road trip.

The family drove into Canada and “talked about lots of hard things and how we will all have to face hard things,” and “the need to be gentle … with all and with ourselves,” the senator’s wife wrote in a tweet.

“We did some scary things but we did them together,” she said, sharing a photo and video clip from a ziplining experience over Niagara Falls. “We talked about flexibility and the need to always have an open heart and an open mind. We also talked about how joy and fun can and must still exist, even when someone we love is in pain.”  ...
Full story at Tribune-Review.

Sounds like it's all about her, in other words. Selfie time!!

Offline Timber Rattler

So she actually took her kids and went on vacation to Niagara Falls and Canada?

Sheesh!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Online DB

So she actually took her kids and went on vacation to Niagara Falls and Canada?

Sheesh!

He served his purpose... He's all used up now...

Offline Kamaji

Gisele Fetterman shares window into family since husband's hospitalization
Julia Felton | Friday, Feb. 24, 2023 9:45 a.m.Full story at Tribune-Review.

Sounds like it's all about her, in other words. Selfie time!!

:facepalm2:

Ziplining on the Canadian side of the Niagara Falls gorge (i.e., the bit after the falls themselves) is hardly a "scary thing" unless one is a true snowflake.

And why weren't they sitting by his bedside, being with him and discussing their future together?  What a vain, pathetic excuse to take a family vacation.  These people are sick.

Offline mountaineer

School's still in session. I guess that doesn't matter, either.

Offline Timber Rattler

School's still in session. I guess that doesn't matter, either.

And in Pennsylvania, you have to get school permission for kids to be absent for more than a couple of days (much to my own annoyance).

Offline LMAO

He served his purpose... He's all used up now...

If he starts getting into a position where he  needs more care and guidance, she will leave him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idiot

Naaaw... She loves that big lug.  /S

Online Hoodat

“I am not really sure how to navigate this journey but am figuring it out slowly,” Gisele Fetterman wrote on social media.

Did you ever consider being there for your husband instead of skipping town?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gateway Pundit by Kristinn Taylor 2/25/2023

Sen. John Fetterman (D-PA) is much worse than he, his wife and staff are telling the public. It is only through whispered leaks to the media that the public learns the truth and that is only after events prove the lies. He has a bad heart, which wasn’t disclosed until his debilitating stroke last May. The stroke was much worse than his campaign let on until his one debate in late October. He’s battled depression all his life, but that wasn’t disclosed until ten days ago when he was hospitalized for clinical depression.

It turns out Fetterman’s lightheadedness was the result of him not being able to take care of himself: He was not eating or drinking enough fluids to sustain himself.

Fetterman is on his own in D.C. His family did not move to Washington with him, opting to remain in their hometown Braddock. This meant that Fetterman, still recuperating from a debilitating stroke while starting a new high pressure job, had no one to look after him. His staff obviously wasn’t. They knew he was suffering from depression and that between the stroke and depression he was difficult to deal with.

Fetterman’s wife Gisele tweeted Friday that when her husband went in Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland on February 15 for depression, she grabbed the kids and their passports and got out of the country.

CNN reported in a little noticed report earlier this week that Fetterman was hospitalized because he was unable to take care of himself (excerpt):

“In someone who has pre-existing depression, it is possible that they may be more treatment resistant and have a history of failing medications. So as a result, they may require more aggressive treatment that can take several weeks and even into several months, depending on how they present,” said Dr. Daniel Bober, a psychiatrist in Hollywood, Florida.

“In someone who’s already had depression even before their stroke, this puts him at much greater risk and requires much more aggressive treatment,” Bober said.

Fetterman’s symptoms for depression included weight loss and loss of appetite, a source familiar with the matter said. He was not suicidal, the source said. His lack of eating and drinking water contributed to lightheadedness. He was hospitalized earlier this month in Washington, DC, after feeling lightheaded. His office said he had not had another stroke.

“Generally, the reason that someone presents to a hospital for a psychiatric condition like depression is because either they are acutely suicidal or they have been deemed unable to take care of themselves. And when I say unable to take care of themselves, I mean, their basic needs – food, hydration, hygiene – are all things that they’re required to do on a daily basis, and they are unable to do this due to the severity of their depression,” Bober said.

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/02/shock-report-sen-fetterman-was-hospitalized-because-he-was-unable-to-take-care-of-himself/

Offline mountaineer

FWIW:
John Cardillo
@johncardillo
Being told that Fetterman is essentially brain dead and it’s being hidden because keeping him in office until August 18th avoids a special election which Republicans would most certainly win.
This must be investigated.
5:31 PM · Feb 25, 2023

John Cardillo
@johncardillo
Guys, not trying to harp on this but not understanding why @PADems and @SenateDems won’t tell the American people if a sitting Senator is brain dead.
Call me crazy, but I think that’s a relevant piece of info.
1:15 AM · Feb 26, 2023

John Cardillo
@johncardillo
PA law enforcement sources giving me conflicting info on Fetterman’s condition.
None are good.
Troubling that @PADems and @SenateDems won’t confirm or deny.
1:38 AM · Feb 26, 2023
I don't know how connected Cardillo truly is, but is it possible that Fetterman's recent hospitalization for "lightheadedness" (just before the psych confinement) really stemmed from another serious - perhaps totally debilitating - stroke?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 02:42:28 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Lando Lincoln

The Democrats will desperately try to keep the seriousness of his condition under wraps. I’m not entirely familiar with Pennsylvania election laws but should Fetterman be deemed unable to perform the duties of office this early in the term, a special election must be held.

** Edit: I see this has been covered. Looks like the date is August 18.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 01:59:06 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
There has to be some law, standard or statute that at least establishes a minimum level of human functionality.

When congress has gotten to the point where being a vegetatble is legal for membership, then the whole system needs to be scrubbed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mod2

Moved to Pa. category with the other Fetterman hospitalization threads.

Offline Kamaji

Geez.  What a CF.

Offline Timber Rattler

Shapiro says he would dismiss any pressure to ask Fetterman to resign

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3870717-shaprio-says-he-would-dismiss-any-pressure-to-ask-fetterman-to-resign/?fbclid=IwAR1fIGyY6Jc8HXUrpCEjsdat0fUfHDFMnicYZcAgTFkKLwjtiT6XFdAW-1A

Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro (D) said he would dismiss any calls to ask Sen. John Fetterman (D-Pa.) to resign, after the first-term senator checked himself into the hospital to receive treatment for clinical depression.

“If I did, I would dismiss it immediately,” Shapiro said in an interview with The Philadelphia Inquirer, after saying he had not received any pressure from Democrats to urge Fetterman to resign.

Online Hoodat

John Cardillo
@johncardillo
Being told that Fetterman is essentially brain dead and it’s being hidden because keeping him in office until August 18th avoids a special election which Republicans would most certainly win.

So let's bill the taxpayer for 200 days in a hospital bed just to deny the Commonwealth representation in the national legislature.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

So let's bill the taxpayer for 200 days in a hospital bed just to deny the Commonwealth representation in the national legislature.

Considering the loss of Fetterman still ensures a dim senatate majority, surprised they are this scorched earth towards retaining the seat.
Maybe they fear a Manchin or Sinema caucus defection.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.